chapter seventy-seven

season two ; episode ten { Coastal Venture }
chapter seventy-seven

POPE, KIARA AND JOHN B HAD MADE IT BACK SAFELY WITHOUT BEING SHOT

POPE, KIARA AND JOHN B HAD MADE IT BACK SAFELY WITHOUT BEING SHOT. JJ and Brooklyn watched as the three climbed in but just as JJ was about to put the vent back over, another person climbed in that looked unfamiliar to Brooklyn and JJ.

"Jesus Christ! I kill you, John B," she says with a very strong accent.

"Who is this?" she asks, watching as they climb in.

"Juts relax. Just relax, okay?" John B shushes her, holding out his hand as the girl steps in. "I told you I had a surprise."

JJ covers the vent back over once everyone is actually in the canister. They hoped for no more surprises.

"Who is she? What's going on? John B!"

"Hey, hey. Brooke, relax. Relax," John B says, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Remember I told you about the girl we met in the Bahamas that saved us?"

"Uh... Cleo, yeah?"

"Cleo." John B looks over at her. "She's gonna help us, all right?"

"Next time, ask me," Cleo says. She steps down to shake Brooklyn's hand a little too hard. "Nice to meet you. Heard a lot about you."

"Hi," she says. "Nice to meet you."

"Did you guys seriously didn't grab nothing, not one single gun?" JJ scoffs.

"We tr... we tried, okay? I got attacked."

"This is why I shouldn't gone with," JJ says.

"Let me get this straight. You five, with no weapons, decided you were gonna hijack this tramp steamer on your own?" Cleo asks, looking around at the five of them. "Do you have any idea who these people are? Eberhimi, if he catch you, he's gonna kill you. Dead. Cut off your fingers."

Wow, she's really making this sound fun.

"Okay. What about waiting until we get to port? At least then, if something goes wrong we have a place to run," Kiara suggests.

"No, No, we can't do that."

"Why?"

"Because I've run this scenario over a thousand times in my head, and our best chances are on this ship. There's fifteen crew members and six of us—"