━━𝐖𝐘𝐋𝐀𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

⭒☆━━━━━━━ ゜✭・.・✫・゜━━━━━━━━☆⭒

He didn't know how long he'd been sitting at the table, watching the game of three man's bramble. But by the time it ended, Wylan had peered out the window and discovered that it was twilight, the point between daylight and darkness. The game had been in other words, underwhelming. It had ended with the lanky, Zemeni boy, whom Wylan had come to know as Jesper, folding his cards and declaring that they should pack up the game before the tables were cleared for dinner. But Wylan had been observing Jesper silently since the moment he had sat down on the bench. He had noted the snickers from the other campers, hearing Jesper's name followed by them. Wylan had never played three man's bramble before and only had a vague understanding of the rules, but he knew Jesper had been losing badly long before he had set down his hand.

The only campers that were in the mess hall had been watching the game and as they filed out, Wylan made himself rise from the bench. He walked the length to his cabin, taking in the changes to the atmosphere that the hour had brought. There were a scarce amount of people here or there, campers that had already settled themselves in their cabins and were looking for a way to entertain themselves. 

Blood sucking bugs flew low, pursuing their prey. The air was a heavy weight, Wylan's clothes clung to his pale skin. The encircling greenery bristled under the soft summer breeze. There was a comfort in the surrounding area that could not be found on the crooked alleys and foul smelling streets of Ketterdam. There was a peaceful tranquility to Camp Kermazin that Wylan would not have been able to enjoy if he had returned to the religious camp that his  "pious" father had been sending him to for the previous four years. Wylan tugged at his sleeve's hem. He was getting close to his cabin, which was on the north side of the campgrounds. It was a quaint little thing, wide porched, it's door engraved with an intricately carved crow. Behind it was the forest with it's needle-leaved branches and seed bearing cones. A pine scent hung in the air, mixed with the damp smell of the lake and the earthy, peppery aroma of the cornflowers that peeked through patches of grass on the grounds. A door creaked open, light flooding from the cabin adjacent to Wylan's. From the construction to the crow on the entrance, everything was almost identical except for the one carved beside the crow. Two girls emerged from the inside, their heads had been bent in conversation until one noticed Wylan. He recognized both of them in an instant. One was Inej and the other was Nina who he had sat beside in the mess hall.

"Hi Wylan," Inej smiled. "How are you?"

"Oh I'm good. What about you?"

A light shone on the porch of the cabin illuminating Nina and Inej, and Wylan could just make out a small smirk stretching across Nina's face. "Ooh, this one's polite Inej!"