Chapter 5 : Man Down

"Why did I ever think rooming with you would be a good idea-?"

"Are you serious? I left a singular sock on the floor for only five minutes!"

"Five minutes? Five minutes- Jung Wooyoung it has been two weeks that this said sock has been on the ground. How many times have I asked you to pick it up? If we are going to be living in the same place we need to be courteous of others around us."

"Listen Hyung- you clearly have an issue and I think you need to reflect on it. One sock is not going to kill you, the rest of the place is literally void of even dust. Yunho doesn't even care about the sock!"

"Because Yunho has been helping out all day, unlike someone I know."

"Hey that was a cheap shot and you know it! I literally had food poisoning three days ago!"

Seonghwa sighed heavily, shaking his head and dropping the offending sock that he held in his hand onto the floor. He knew it was a cheap shot- the younger actually did have food poisoning a few days prior and it had scared all of them to no end. No one knew what was happening or why Wooyoung was looking sick for most of the day- and the first thought had been that he had gotten infected.

But it was even scarier because they hadn't been outside since they arrived at the base and they were starting to wonder if whatever virus was out there had mutated and now wouldn't show symptoms or change people until weeks later. That was a problem no one wanted to deal with on any level, Seonghwa had been scared out of his mind, staying up the entire night while Wooyoung emptied his guts into the toilet, crying because he was scared too.

They were almost planning on bringing him to the place where they brought all the infected- some sort of isolation chamber or whatever. But then Yeosang had been smart enough to ask Wooyoung what he had been eating the day and found out that the eggs that he ate for breakfast had been undercooked by one of the smaller children who was just starting to learn to cook.

Apparently, Wooyoung wasn't the only one who had gotten sick and that's what prompted the question. Seonghwa had been livid with himself for not even thinking to ask such a thing- and had immediately thought of the worst. But sure enough, he was feeling better by the time the next day afternoon rolled around and everyone stopped worrying as much as they were and just helped the man rehydrate himself.

"Exactly, three days ago. You've been bouncing off the walls ever since yesterday morning, and surprise, surprise, you've had enough energy to go help San clear the firearm equipment so I know you are more than capable of cleaning up your clothes," Seonghwa replied with a straight face, which didn't budge a single bit when Wooyoung just pouted.

"But Seonghwa-"

"No buts. This is my room too."

"Why are you always so fucking uptight!"

"Because someone actually has to make sure this place stays functional!"

"One sock isn't going to burn the whole place down!"

"Woah- what's going on here? I can hear you guys screaming from down the hall-"

Both men turn to see Yunho standing in the prison cell's doorway, his shirt's sleeves rolled up on his shoulders with grease on his hands. He looked worried, but as soon as he saw the sock laying offensively on the ground, he immediately knew what the cause of the fight was.

"Seonghwa is being unreasonable-"

"Are you serious? I only ask of you one thing!"

"If it bothers you so much then pick it up yourself!"