Chapter 4: Scout and Report

"Awahawahwa, why did I have to accept this trip?!?!" Serena exclaimed, fake crying.

"If you want, you can continue to walk, if you don't want to then......." Ash paused, meaning to intimidate Serena, but boy she is stubborn!

"So what? So what, haaa!" Serena exclaimed.

"You can return back alone." Ash smirked, knowing she wouldn't. Serena pouted.

They were walking calmly when suddenly, pikachu's ears perked up and Ash stiffened. Serena sensed the stiffness in Ash as she asked

"What happened Ash?" "Serena, go behind that tree and don't come out till I tell you to." Serena tried to question but seeing his expression, she hid behind a tree nonetheless.

When she peeked out from the tree, her eyes widened.

A large herd of mightyena and poochyena was running in their direction. But it looked like they were running away from something. Serena narrowed her eyes, trying to focus through the dust that flew, seeing what they were running from. She gasped. Never had she seen this. She could not believe her eyes. A large, 25 feet tall Rhydon was running after them, with its horn drilling. She saw that Ash was standing still with pikachu on his shoulder.

Serena: Ash! Let's run away or they will crush us!

Ash: Just stay behind the tree, Serena.

Ash grinned: pikachu..... blow off the steam.

Pikachu leaped in the air and released a massive thunderbolt. Unusually, it was a blue one.

And 'KABOOM!'. Gone. Not even a single plant remained.

Time skip

Serena and Ash are walking on the outskirts of Allearth forest. Serena, hesistatingly asked

Serena: what pokemon was that Ash?

Ash: which? Ahh! You talking about Rhydon

Serena nodded: aren't rhydons normally like 8 feet. Why was it over 20 feet?

Ash: Have you ever gone to Alola?

Serena: No, why?

Ash: these types are found there. They are called Totem pokemon. Totems are rare and are only one per herd if there. They are naturaĺly bigger, healthier and almost 4 times as strong as normal pokemon.

Serena: Then why is it in kalos?

Ash: there can be sometimes some here and there.

Serena: is pikachu okay?

Ash: yes, why?

Serena: you know, after that.... does he have any energy remaining?

Ash: ohh! He is refreshed. Right, pikachu?

Pikachu: pikka!!

Serena: I am not even surprised!! Sigh. What is even his level?

Ash: I will tell you, just tell me do you remember the promise?

Serena: yeah yeah. I won't tell anyone. If I tell, may arceus make me a worm.

Ash: it's...... 97. Yep 97.

Serena: Ohh!.... Wait, what!! You have a champion level pokemon!

Ash: yeah 😅😅

Serena: and you still let them bully you.