(2.) Associate.

Disclaimer: I don't own Camp Camp (Web Series). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Hope you enjoy.)

David is fucking annoying.

"Hello there, Campers!" He waved his arms in a painful cheerful motion. "Let's go and see what activity we will be along today!"

The way his voice is so happy makes Max want to bang his head against the wall. Until it bled and he bleeds to death on the ground slowly losing his hearing in the process.

He's not joking.

"David." Max says so sweetly with a curt smile. "Oh, please, fuck off and jump off a cabin."

David's face falls. His eyes darken and he raised a hand over Max's head. His eyes unconsciously widen and he's now crouching in a ball, arms over his head and legs tucked over his knees.

A protective position.

"Max!"

His hair's grabbed. The child claws at whatever's beasts' hand pulling him away from his hiding place, a safe place he stays to avoid the monsters.

"D-Da-"

A hand shook his shoulder.

Max gasped. The mentors fading, the walls allowing his mind to snap out the memories unfolding before his very eyes. Images slowly going until they seemed nothing more than a mere dream.

A terrifying, realistic dream.

"Max?" David's voice is soft. Ha fucking hated it, I shouldn't have a tone meant for a child. "Are you okay, son? You don't have to join in?"

A question. It's not an order, it's a question. Max had the option of choosing whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. An actual choice.

"I.."

His mouth didn't obey his brain's command and acting against its owner to stay silent. As if giving Max a second chance think his decision.

Let me speak.

The wall crumble. Little by little, cracks broke though the concrete supposed to be indestructible to Max's psyche in keeping his mental state safe.

"Leave the the fuck alone. David."

Max is standing now. An emotionless mask plastered protecting his feelings and walls rebuilding. He didn't let anyone in and no one saw his self worth.

Which is none.

David backed quickly. His eyes are clouded over as if contemplating to actually respect Max's decision in his desires of isolation and left in his thoughts.

The wall don't even let him think of Nikki and Neil.

The walls keep his mind safe and he trusted then non-speaking entity taking care mentally and physically. It's kept him safe in the past.

And it'll keep him safe in the present.

"O...okay."

David sounded hurt.

Max internally cringed. Closing his eyes, wiping the sleeves tears free so they didn't run down his cheek and make him look weak in front of his peers.

Friends-

Why didn't that word register?

Your worthless.