chapter seventy-eight

season two ; episode ten { Coastal Venture }
chapter seventy-eight

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO BROOKLYN WAS TO NOT KEEP HERSELF SAFE BUT TO KEEP THE OTHERS AROUND HER SAFE

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO BROOKLYN WAS TO NOT KEEP HERSELF SAFE BUT TO KEEP THE OTHERS AROUND HER SAFE. Her number one priority as of right now was JJ Maybank, he was the only one that Brooklyn cared about, the only who she wanted to keep safe for the rest of her life.

However, he was stubborn and was always trying to protect her even when she was fully capable of fighting her own fights, even if those fights nearly kill her. He would protect Brooklyn Routledge with entire life because not only was she the most important thing in his life, she was now his wife... technically and he needed to protect her until death parts them. Which it won't. Ever.

JJ and Brooklyn had snuck their way down to the hull without any problems. Brooklyn was counting the amount of men who were walking towards it so they could lock everyone up. "Psst. How many?" She lifted three fingers up.

They lifted to the men talk as they walked past them and into the room they were planing on trapping them in. They spotted the Cameron's walking down to the hull but the only person they didn't see was Ward who was their number one target at the moment. They didn't need him getting to John B.

"That's all the crew," Brooklyn whispers.

"Except Ward. We need Ward," JJ says. He was right. They did need Ward but he was nowhere to be seen and they couldn't waste another second.

"We can't wait."

JJ hesitates for a second before signalling Brooklyn to step in first.

She rushes towards the door and slams it shut. She screams as the people on the other side fight to keep it open. JJ steps up behind her, arms tense and body pressed against hers to put all their weight on closing it. She holds the door still as JJ locks it.

"There's another door! There's another door!" JJ yells, running away from Brooklyn to get to it.

They rush to that door before they can and slam it shut. Brooklyn applies another pressure to it while JJ locks it.

When it's locked, she takes a step back to catch her breath. "Thank God," she says. She places her hands on her knees and hangs her head low.

"Come on." JJ wraps an arm around her torso and pulls her along. "We gotta get to the cross."

The two head over to the hole that contained the ladders and began to climb down. Once they were safely on the other floor, they stepped into another room and in that room, in a giant wooden box held the beautiful cross. "There she is," JJ says.

They begin to unravel it so Pope could easily pick it up from above. JJ looks up and Brooklyn and says, "With this money we can have our dream wedding."

"Dream wedding," she says, reaching her hand out and sharing a classic Pogue handshake with him.

The locks above them began to click together and that's when they realised that Pope had opened it up. Things seemed to be running smoothly so far. Brooklyn and JJ waved up to the boy who stood kind of like superman.