XI | Cover are Meant to be Judged

Do you have a life dream? If so, what is it? I want to become a neonatal surgeon 🧑🏽‍⚕️

*

Feel free to skip the long paragraph where Ahnjong presents to the group if you want. It's not really an addition to the plot in the sense of needing to know what she said, all you need to know is that she sounded very smart and that's what was needed for the plot.

 It's not really an addition to the plot in the sense of needing to know what she said, all you need to know is that she sounded very smart and that's what was needed for the plot

Enjoy <3

𓃰

"HENDERY, AHNJONG, THIS IS Nabi. Nabi, meet Hendery and Ahnjong," Daeseong smiles as he motions between the three in introduction.

Nabi was attractive, but in an almost subtle way. She had long light brown hair and pretty soft features that aren't conspicuous unless you payed close attention. Her eyes were the same brown shade as her hair, her skin was fairly pale and her little lips were tinted a bold shade of red.

"I know who they are," Nabi speaks over the semi-awkward silence.

When her eyes move to meet Ahnjong's, she catches the way her gaze hardens ever-so-slightly when they land on her. Her eyes were narrowed, her lips just barely pursed and her nose scrunched as if she were staring at the dead bug beneath her shoe.

The red-lipped girl then shifts her gaze to Hendery who she was sat directly across from, a genuinely friendly smile on her face now, "I apologize for not being here the other day. I was having a family issue."

"No, I get it. I hope everything's been resolved?"

Guess no one noticed the way she looked at me, Ahnjong thought.

"Yep! All good," her smile is bright and innocent. And that completely confused Ahnjong.

She was so sure of what she saw. She had never seen the girl before though.

Maybe I'm overthinking things.

"Should we get to work, then?" Hendery asked with his usual friendly smile.

"Of course!"

Ahnjong shrugs off her suspicions feelings, pulling her notes from yesterday's detention out.

"I'm assuming you two did prior research?" Nabi speaks up again, her eyes flitting between Hendery and Daeseong.

"Of course we did, but what about Ahnjong. You don't think she did the assignment too?"

"Oh, no! I was just saying you two because I know how much you both do your work in class. I meant no harm to you," she addresses Ahnjong when saying this and the girl sounded so believable even Ahnjong nodded in understanding.