#1: Seven Years Later 2036

Third Person Point of View

Vinnie never thought of another women— not until he ran into Amelia Greene at a Los Angeles airport. It was raining and the flights were delayed.

"Hi! Vinnie! Oh my god!" She immediately hugged him, "It's actually you!"

Gradually, the memories of her came back.

"Amelia— I can't believe it."

"Me, too!" Her green eyes— that's what he vividly recalled. There was a time he got lost in them.

"What are you— where are you going?" His brows pulled together.

"I'm actually going to New Zealand— I'm in a Habitat for Humanity organization— I'll be hauling water for the next month." She informed, gripping onto her suitcase handle.

"Wow! That's great—

He paused, thinking back to the times they spoke to each other. "I remember you really wanted to do that— It's great."

Amelia hated the silence and would babble at all cost, "So where are you going?"

Vinnie smiled— recalling her fidget nature. "I'm going to see Tree— she's at the vacation house in Puerto Rico."

"How beautiful— I remember when you said— Tree loved that place."

Vinnie's eyes were speaking more than his mouth— that's what Amelia knew most about him.

"I can't—

She paused, "It's been so long since I've seen you."

He could still picture the last time he saw her. "Like— five years?" He questioned, jokingly. "Wasn't it my wedding?"

She released a nervous laugh before expressing a confused face as a way to play along, "I think you're right?"

He laughed— remembering her easy going nature. Before another silence could appear, he made a suggestion, "We should get some coffee or something?"

Her eyes widen, "Right now?"

"Yeah— it's about the only time we have."

This felt like quicksand to her. "Uh— sure."

Never once did she deny him.

In response, Vinnie grabbed at her suitcase handle and walked along side her.

Something like this is sudden because maybe it was bound to happen. Revealingly, the two had a bound that was never really seen— that's what Amelia knew about their dynamic. As for Vinnie, he'd been in love with one girl for the past sixteen years.

"So how've you been?" Vinnie asked as they waited for their coffee. They sat at a pretty wooden table that had tiny sugar cubes and honey syrup.

"I've been getting by— just trudging along."

Vinnie always liked her way of communicating, "And what does that mean?"

"I'm saying that I've been Henry from Thomas and Friends— no matter what I do— I hit a brick wall." She wasn't pitying herself— rather she was speak harshly and almost playfully. Vinnie knew her to be very confide in who she is.