Prologue

Natasha POV

"CLINT!" I shouted as I sat up in a pond. I got out and activated the beacon signaling the Milano to pick me up. "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes." I said as I hugged Thor, "Widow, it's been far too long." Thor said, "I'm so sorry to cut this short, but I need to get home. I need to deliver the soul stone and give my condolences to Clint's wife and kids." I said, "Natasha what year do you think it is?" He asked, "That's a dumb question, it's 2023." I said, "No, no I'm pretty sure it's the year 2025 on earth now. You know it's so hard to keep track whilst exploring the galaxy and whatnot." He said, "Two years! I've been here for two years! What else did I miss?!" I said in shock, "Well Tony's dead, Steve also dead, oh that spider kid had his identity revealed, it's Peter Parker, by the way, I'm a space explorer now. OH, and you're dead. Congratulations on undying." He said.

The Guardians gave me a rundown on what I missed. "I missed so much." I said, "Well well look who's back from the dead." A woman said as she approached me.

"Nebula? Nice hair

"Nebula? Nice hair." I said, "A lot's changed. Far more than you know." She said, "I know you've been out of the game for a while, but I need your help. I was gonna ask the dorks of the galaxy, but only pretty boy over there's useful, and just barely at that." She said, "I'm in. I needed an excuse to punch something. Who or what's the target." I said, "A kid, and a powerful one at that. Apparently, he's practically a god in terms of raw power." She said.

We located the target. A small human child, about three years old, about average height for kids his age. Actually, he might be just a tad bit shorter. "You go in from behind, I'll go direct." I suggested, "After you." Nebula said, "Oh thank God! There you are!" I said worriedly as I approached the target, "I have been looking all over for you!" I said both the kid and his captors looked confused, "Really kid, you couldn't have at least played along a little?" I said, "It's time for you to leave!" A man said as he reached for me, "Touch me or the kid and I'm gonna break your arm." I said he snickered and grabbed my shoulder, "You heard me warn them right? Right." I said as I twisted his arm and snapped it at the elbow I threw him into his buddy before Nebula killed them both. "We have to get you home. Your parents have to be worried sick about you." I said as I picked the child up, "About that. When he was abducted they left no survivors. I worked with those two idiots once upon a time." Nebula said, "Bad lady." The child said softly, "On earth, we have a saying. A tiger can't change her stripes. The same could be said for cyborgs in the lineage of the mad titan. I pride myself on being cautious and a bit paranoid. Ever since you showed up, I've been completely on guard." I said, "Kid, you see the guy with the really really big axe. Go to him, he'll keep you safe." I said as I put him down, he ran to Thor. I ran at Nebula and punched her in her pretty new face. "Ow." I said, "Vibranium laced skin. Hurts don't it." Nebula said arrogantly, "Sure I murdered his entire family in front of him, but it's just business. My client wanted the kid and no one else. The family well they just got in the way." She said before Thor blasted her with lightning knocking her out, "Give that back! Stormbreaker is not a toy!" Thor scalded making me turn to see the boy effortlessly wielding Stormbreaker before Thor took it back. "Bad lady." The boy said coldly as he forced Nebula to float towards him and to wake up, "Wait! (y/n), I could be useful to you!" Nebula begged, "Bye-bye." (y/n) said coldly as he snapped turning her to ash, "Hey you! Kid. You shouldn't have done that! You DO NOT take ANYONE'S life no matter how vile they may be!" I snapped, "Nat, uh, hold on for a minute." Thor said.

We took (y/n) to the Milano, "Mantis, could you be a dear and look into his past?" Thor said Mantis put her hands on (y/n)'s temples, "I feel much sadness and loneliness. Then joy in something he made, the joy of creating life and the immeasurable pain from watching his creations decimated before his eyes." Mantis said, "So he never had a family. He willed them into existence. It's no wonder why he doesn't know right from wrong." I said softly, "Well then my new path is clear. Until the world needs her heroes again, I'll become a mom and be this little guy's hero." I said sweetly as I approached (y/n) and scooped him up, "What do you say? Wanna have a real mommy for once?" I said.