🥀VI🥀

•  "Lucky Me" •

"Finding a blind woman can't be that difficult

"Finding a blind woman can't be that difficult." Fives said as he crossed his arms over his chest. "I mean, she's blind, how far could she have gone on her own?" Both Fives and Jesse had been stationed right outside the senate building to look for Isma while the rest of the 501st went with Anakin and Rex to look for her. Solin was also with the general while Ahsoka stayed at Isma's room incase she came back. "I don't know." Jesse replied with a shrug. "Maybe she's not as weak as everyone thinks." He added. "I doubt that." Fives countered. "She's blind plus she's some kind of snobby royal who's most likely had everything done for her all her life. She's never had to be on her own or figure anything out." Fives exclaimed with a scoff. To them, Isma was a weak and babied sad excuse for a princess. The grand duchess was not a threat to them, at least she wasn't before. The thud of a trooper's helmet hitting the ground caused their conversation to come to a halt. The men turned in the direction of the noise, placing their helmets back on their heads. "Is someone there?" Jesse demanded but there was silence in return. "Should we go check it out?" Jesse asked Fives who shook his head. "No, it was probably nothing." This time however they heard another sound, a metal clinking, like the tap of a metal pole. The men turned to the direction of the sound and held their blasters up, ready to shoot. The mental clinking was followed by the sound of a single pair of footsteps. Out of the darkness of the night on Coruscant emerged a woman wearing a cloak as black as the night that surrounded them. But most distinctively she held out a long seeing pole with a metal tip which she would tap against the ground to find her way. "Grand Duchess Isma?" Jesse spoke as he lowered his weapon. Fives did the same and removed his helmet. "Is it you, your highness?" He asked and Jesse also removed his helmet to get a better more clear look at the cloaked woman. She removed the hood of her cloak, revealing the pale face of the Duchess herself. Her pale green eyes looked down on the ground. "I am Isma." She replied. "Is someone there? I lost my way..." She continued, her voice sounded meak and afraid. Fives gave Jesse a knowing look that screamed "I told you so" as he stepped forward to Isma. "Grand duchess we are men under General Skywalker's command. You can come with us, you're safe now." Fives told her as he gently place a hand on her shoulder. Isma was still looking down and the second Fives' hand fell onto her shoulder a smirk formed on her lips. "Lucky me." she mused darkly. Her voice was deeper now and not as weak. Fives moved to look down at her but as he did Isma's hand moved swiftly and latched on to his. Fives could instantly feel his hand grow weak and numb. Isma looked up at him, her blind eyes looked directly into his. "But I don't need saving." She continued as she pulled him down by his hand and placed her palm to his forehead. "And now you will sleep." almost instantly Fives fell limply to the ground, his eyes closed tightly. "Duchess Isma-" Jesse spoke up and the blind woman turned to him. He picked up his blaster and quickly set it to stun as he began to fire at her but Isma, despite her blindness, dodged them with ease. She picked up her walking stick and with one swift move she had his blaster knocked right out of his hand. He balled his hands into fists, ready to fight her but when he swung his first strike at her Isma caught his fist in her hand. Her strength was surprising and Jesse could feel the strength being pulled from his hand as she held it. "What are you doing?" Jesse asked in surprise but Isma didn't answer. She did the same move with Jesse as she had done with Fives, pulling him down by his hand and pressing her palm to his forehead. The clone fell into a deep sleep along with his brother as Isma moved on, away from the senate.

Anakin answered his comm, the ringing sound distracted him from his search. "Hello?" He answered quickly. "Ani." The voice of Padme quickly pulled him away from the task at hand. "Padme? What is it? What's wrong? Are you alright?" He asked frantically. "I'm fine." Padme replied shortly and Anakin breathed a sigh of relief. "It's Ahsoka." Padme added and that familiar since of panic returned to Anakin. "She's gone." Padme added. "What?" Anakin hissed. "What do you mean she's gone?" He added. "I heard a commotion in the duchess's room and I went to check on it only to find Ahsoka had vanished." Anakin mulled over the thoughts in his head. He had to think of something and he also had to keep his emotions from clouding his judgement. "Thank you Padme. I'll look for her. In the meantime go back to your quarters and stay there until I return to get you." "Alright." Padme replied, Anakin could tell there was a hesitant attitude to her voice. "Ani," She spoke once more and Anakin paused to listen to her intently. "Be careful." "I will."

"