the great game part one

You knock on the door of 221 b baker street and take a step back, your older brother John had been quite hospitable and told you you could stay here for as long as you needed until you had somewhere else to stay.

The door creeks slightly as it opens, behind it is an older lady with a kindly face, she gestures for you to come in and introduces herself as mrs Hudson you aquatint yourself with her and then she leads you up the stairs "John" she calls "its your sister" he walks out the kitchen and greets you with a hug.
"I do hope the sofer is alright for you, we don't really have much room in this flat"
"Yes thanks John, especially so last minute"
He smiles "no problem, my flat mate should be home soon so you will meet him, granted that you won't get much out of him, he never really socialises, certainly not whilst on a case"

The rest of the day goes by and no Sherlock Holmes.

The next morning you are woken up to the sound of gunshots and sit up abruptly as a bullet soars past your head, you vision is blurred from sleep and all you can fell is your heart in your throat, was this it where you going to die.
Your vision became more clear and you saw a man with a pale completion and dark curly hair.
"What the hell are you doing" came John's voice as he ran into the room
"Bored" murmurs the strange man
"What?"
"Bored!"
"No..."

John was cut of by bullets flying around the room again whilst the man continues to yell "bored" he stops shooting and John walked over to him and takes the gun.
"I don't know what has got into these criminal classes" he says wandering over to the couch you are on and pulling the bullets out the wall. You decide that staying on this couch while he was so close was not wise so you promptly stand up and he throws himself on the couch.
You stand there while your brother and this madman converse.

John walks over into the kitchen and you hear the fridge open and then close again and he seems to repeat this for a while until you hear him say with a mixed tone of anger and confusion "there is a head" he opens and closes the fridge one more time "there is a head in the bloody fridge!"
The man on the couch blows this of as though it were normal.
He points at you "who is this?"
John looks at you as though he had completely forgotten your existence you look the man in the eyes and say "I am y/n John's sister, I assumed he would have told you of me coming but apparently not" the man sighs "he probably did tell me but a lot of the stuff he says seems to filter out of my brain, how long will you be staying?" He questions looking you up and down seemingly analyzing your appearance "just until I have somewhere to go, assuming that is alright with you, assuming that the behaviors you have displayed this morning are a common event it shouldn't be to long" you grimace at him.

The relationship between John anqd his flat mate did not seem to be a strong one as the seemed to perpetually argue.
The one going on currently seemed petty and was abruptly ended by John standing up and leaving the room saying that he needed air.

Once John had left miss Hudson walked into the living room. Miss Hudson seemed the only normal person around here.
"Had a little domestic have we?" She giggles in her kind old lady way. She looks at you and smiles as she walks to the kitchen with her bags of what you assumed to be groceries.
You looked over to where the man was and he just stared out the window murmuring to himself.

Once miss Hudson left you decided to make minimal conversation so that the next however long wouldn't be so awful.
"I introduced myself earlier, yet I still don't know your name" you say receiving a look from him
"I'm Sh-"

You are both thrown away from the window by an explosion.
You are both seemingly unharmed by it just slightly dazed.

When John came running yelling "Sherlock, y/n!?"into the room, which seemed not much more of a mess than previously, you were sat in the sofa and the man and his brother were opposite each other on the two chairs.
Now you were able to put a name to the face, Sherlock, it was an odd name, rather fitting for a man as such.

"I saw it on the telly are you ok" he asks looking between the both of you
"Me?what? Oh yeah,fine I dont know about the girl but she appears fine"
"Me?" You say looking at him "yes I'm fine though it's not something I want to get used to" you smirk and decide to go on a walk "I'm going out, though that shouldn't affect you so I don't know why I'm telling you,but goodbye"As you walked in the room Sherlock hung up his call "it's lestrade, I have been summoned, you two coming?"
"Uuh, if you want us to John replied fumbling for his coat"
"Of course, I'd be lost without my blogger and" Sherlock turns to you "what's your name again?"

After a short cab journey where you were squished between Sherlock and John a man waits outside for you three
"Got a new freind?or... girlfriend" he enquires
"More like a temporary aquaintent she's staying for a while until she gets back on her feet" Sherlock abruptly shuts down the idea
"Anyway, you will love this one, that explosion, not a gas's leak but made to look like one. There was nothing left of the place except a strongbox and inside of it was this" he points to a letter "we've ex rayed it and it's not booby-trapped" the man assures
"How reassuring" Sherlock remarks sarcastically picking up the letter and examining it under a light
"Nice stationary, bohemian, from the Czech republic"
What was this man on about, you were tired of his antics already but you were going to have to get used to it if you were living with him.
"No finger prints,she used a fountain pen. Parker Duofold, iridium nib" he carries on"she?" You interupt
"Obviously" he said as though it was common knowledge. He reaches in the envelope and pulls out a phone
"It's the phone" he says in a low voice
"What form the study in pink?" Lestrade buts in baffled
"Obviously not but it's meant to look like it" Sherlock turns to him"You read John's blog?"
"Yes, of course I do, we all do" this makes Sherlock sigh and he goes back to his work "do you really not know the earth goes around the sun?" Everyone laughs a little at this and John looks down slightly ashamed but trying not to laugh
"Anyway it isn't the same phone, it's a brand new one, someone has taken trouble to make it look the same which means" he turns to John and raises his voice slightly"your blog has a far wider readership" John looks away avoiding Sherlock's cold stare. It was weird, seeing your brother like this he had always been the older braver stronger one and now he was being told off by a weird man.

This thought was ended by a notification coming out the phone in Sherlock's hand he promptly unlocks it and opens an image of a small dirty room that looked as though it had been uninhabited for years.
"An estate agents photo and the bloody Greenwich pips"
Sherlock looks up
"It's a warning, some secret societies used to send melon seeds,orange pips, things like that- five pips" he thinks for a split second and carries on "they are warning us this is going to happen again, I have seen this place before"
Sherlock storms out the room followed by you and John both equally confused
"Hold on what's going to happen again" John enquires evidently as baffled as you
"Boom" yells Sherlock flicking his fingers in John's face.