[one]

Slash. Stab. Duck. Slash. Stab. Duck. It become a repetitive pattern as I fight my way though the orcs. I look around quickly determined to spot him. We had started together but ended up separated, and I needed to find him. I spot a flash of blonde to my left followed by three other brunettes. Thorin leads the four up a hill I recognize. Ravenhill. I had seen Azog up there earlier and I knew then, they were going to cut the head off the snake.

I slash a couple more orcs and run after them. It was undoubtedly a trap.

"Fili!" I scream to get his attention. He turns around and spots me, waving his arms frantically, trying to tell me to turn back. No way.

"No, no! I can't lose you!" He screams back. I run up to him and throw my arms around him. I can't let him die.

"But I can't lose you," I mutter into his shoulder. Tears leaked out, turning to sobs. I could feel wetness on my shoulder and I knew he was crying too.

"We will get through this," I whisper. "Together." We put our foreheads together and his lips brush mine gently. He takes my hand and we rush into battle, making our way to Ravenhill. I look around and take in a sharp breath. Too many lost, too many sacrificed for a battle we can't win.

We reach the top of the hill and glance around. Azog is no where to be seen.

"Fili, Kili," Thorin shouts. "Search around but stay together." My heart breaks as I watch the love of my life walk into the tunnels with his brother. Thorin, Dwalin, and I stay outside, looking for Azog or Bolg. Preferably both.

A rumble and light suddenly appear at an opening above us. My heart fills with dread and my thoughts are full of what could have happened to Fili. I couldn't lose him. I couldn't. He was my world. I had no one else.

Azog appears at the opening dragging Fili in front of him. I scream shrilly, black spots dancing in front of my eyes.

"I will end the line of Durin!" He snarls. "First this one, then the brother, then Oakenshield." She says, pointing at Thorin. I can only watch in slow motion as tears fill my eyes. They cascade down my face as Azog raises his blade behind Fili. I see him mouth something that makes me want to give up. Give up on love, give up on life. The blade is shoved into my love's back, and twisted. I saw the light fade from his eyes. Azog drops him to the ground right in front of me. I have never felt this pain before. Night is now falling, so ends this day. So ends another life.

He is gone.

Fili is dead.

I never got to say the last goodbye.

.•*•.

first one. how was it? I was listening to the last goodbye and had a good idea to start a book for serious things like these.

my random book is really too random for serious things like this. sometimes I act my age and I am able to write serious things like this, and sometimes I act really young and can write random idiotic things like that chatroom I made in AP.