Azriel- Mate: Part 2 (c)

You had been working in Rhysand's inner circle for a couple of months and had been doing your best to avoid Azriel like the plague. You could only assume that he was aware that you were his mate, but he hadn't said anything although you had done your best to not be alone anywhere near him long enough for that conversation to come up.

Although you had avoided him, you were well aware that he was keeping an eye on you, which shouldn't have been surprising as the spymaster. You couldn't seem to do anything without constantly feeling like someone was watching you. You understood that they were smart to make sure you weren't there for someone else, but you had been there for a while and never done anything to prove anything but good intentions.

You were getting sick of feeling him nearby but never actually seeing him around, proving your thought that he was simply lurking to watch you and your patience had worn thin. You felt him nearby again and knew that you had been watched again and decided that if you were going to continue working there, you weren't about to let him ruin it.

"Azriel," you huffed. "Come here now."

You were surprised that he complied and came out from around the corner.

"How long are you going to be following me?" You frowned.

"Until I understand what you're hiding," he responded.

"I don't know what you mean," you stated. "I haven't hidden anything. All I am trying to do is start my new life in an unfamiliar court, whilst doing my job. It's very hard to do though when I am being watched every second of the day."

His eyes narrowed as he took in your angry expression. You had done your best to stay mild mannered and ironically in the shadows, but now you couldn't contain your annoyance when it came to how he had been treating you, acting as though you were villainous or out to do harm.

"I cannot believe that," he said. "You have been trying to avoid me, at first I wasn't certain if that was the case however you leave the room within seconds if I enter."

"Have you not thought there may be another reason why I want to avoid you? Maybe I'm not trying to kill you all from the inside, but maybe I just don't want to be around the mate that I don't want."

Your words were loud and cruel and as you tried to calm yourself down from the anger that had taken over you, you were certain you saw a glint of sadness in his eyes, one that you weren't expecting.

"Now that you're aware that I have no ill will for you or your friends, I have work to do," you frowned as you span on your heel and stomped out of the room, not wanting to have to face him again or discuss the matter further.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.