Dying Above Death

Assignment: story about a vacation (ours or just fiction)

Subject: Dutch

Amount of space: one side of a normal-sized piece of paper (kill me)

Year: 2nd

She walks the streets of Rocamadour, France. The old stone tiles under her feet, and the warm air around her slender body. Her dark hair softly blows in the wind. She's on vacation with the rest of her friendgroup and it's her turn to do the groceries. After she bought bread with the best french she could speak, she decides to go for a walk.

It doesn't take long before she's at a place where there is hardly any people around. Haley likes this, since she's fond of silence and loneliness. After a few steps on her scuffed Converse, she's at what appears to be a cemetery. She's always liked eerily quiet places like these. At home she always likes to walk around the old cemetery by her house.

Narrow, flowing water is what seperates the cemetery from the other ground. So she decides to enter, not thinking much of it. When Haley steps on the bridge, she feels a weird, watched feeling washing over her. She ignores it and walks over the ground six feet above death.

After a few feet, she passes what looks like a big square closet. Haley feels herself being drawn towards the white wood and with every step, the sun appears to go down and the moon pulls itself high above the sky. Haley tries to tell her brain to turn around, run away from the cemetery, but her feet keep carrying her closer to the moldy wood. Stop! Haley begs her feet, unable to open her mouth.

Suddenly, she sees a thick, red liquid, dripping from the small window on the closet. Is it... blood, perhaps? She didn't even realise there was a small, scared tear running down her face, until she felt the salty taste in her mouth. When she didn't appear to be able to walk any closer, and it looked like it was as dark as the night, she came to a stop.

The only thing she could do, was stare a the blood that the closet now appeared to be covered in. A loud gasp escaped her plump lips as she saw an unknown face in the window. And when the blood-covered face gave her a small innocent smile, Haley started to run. Through the tree-surrounded path, on her way to the narrow bridge.

But just before the bridge, a dark figure pulled her slender body to the ground. Her head hit the edge of the bridge and Haley's eyes fell shut. The last thing she sees, before she feels a sharp knive entering the skin of her back very deeply, and her eyes fell shut for ever, was the blood on the ground and the edge of the bridge, and the moon that appeared once again after she ran, as the sun goes down for the last time in her short-lived life.