Chapter 25: Testing Limits

"Lucifer, you always stop by the assembly hall before you go to class in the morning. What happened?" Lord Diavolo questioned.

"Satan, you know what to do right?" Lucifer whispered to his brother.

"I have this handled," Satan whispered. He then proceeded to impersonating Lucifer, rather flamboyantly, " Dear Lord Diavolo! Hello hello hello! You're all I ever think about, honey. I dreamed about you again last night and I ended up oversleeping this morning."

Mammon and Levi couldn't contain their laughter. Beel and I on the other hand tried to keep ours in.

Lucifer whispered to me, "Rose, please tell me I'm not actually like that."

I shook my head in response.

"I see," the Demon Lord nodded. "So, tell me Satan, what are you doing in Lucifer's body?"

"You can tell that's not me?" Lucifer exclaimed. I was also quite surprised at how quickly Lord Diavolo figured out Satan and Lucifer had switched bodies.

"Of course! We've known each other for a long time. So, let's hear it, what happened?"

I explained to Lord Diavolo everything that happened between Lucifer and Satan.

"It's a good thing the effects will wear off in a couple of days. Lucifer, if you remember, you're scheduled to give a speech to the entire student body the day after tomorrow."

I saw the color completely drain from Lucifer, or rather Satan's body.

Mammon laughed, "Haha! Now, Lucifer is really in a pickle!"

The Demon Lord turned to me, "Onto something a little more important, what happened to you, Rose?"

I was about to speak, but Lucifer interjected. He held up the jar with Cockroach Killian inside, "This filth attacked her. It turns out, he was a human sorcerer who posed off as a demon in order to get Rose's blood for power. In self defense, she turned him into an insect. Please, Lord Diavolo, do not impose any sort of punishment on her."

"Are you hurt?"

Lucifer replied again, "He layed a hand on her and cut her arm."

"If it's alright with you, Ambrose, "the Demon Lord emphasized to Lucifer, "I want to temporarily remove this hex so I can get some answers from him."

I sighed, "I wanted to leave him like that, but sure, do whatever you need."

With our conversation with the Demon Lord over, the brothers headed back to the House of Lamentation. Lucifer wanted to stay at RAD a little longer, and I thought to keep him company.

"What speech do you have to deliver?" I asked.

"I'm supposed to give a speech on the state of the exchange program and talk about everything Diavolo is trying to accomplish."

"Why not allow Satan to do it?" I suggested, "If you have the speech written down, all he has to do is read it, right?"

I knew Lucifer couldn't give the speech in Satan's body. We needed to have an alternative plan in case Lucifer and Satan didn't return to normal by then. Though, I wasn't sure how Satan would accept the idea of giving a speech for his brother.

"Normally, I would entrust Satan with a task like that, but I fear he might do something to ruin my reputation."

"Lucifer, I really think the two of you should talk. Satan is an extremely reasonable person once he hears out where you're coming from. I'll even help mediate between the two of you. I just know something can be worked out between the two of you."