LV

"It's pouring, the trees are getting greener before my eyes, I love you. I'm almost afraid of the intensity of this happiness."

-Vladimir Nabokov, from Letters to Vera tr. by Olga Voronina & Brian Boyd

Evangeline had just finished packing her trunk, standing and turning to see if Draco was finished.

"You aren't wearing your uniform?" He asked, finishing his tie. Evangeline cleared her throat, looking at the floor.

"The uniform I was wearing is ashes in your garden," she spoke softly. Draco sighed, walking over to her. He wrapped his arms around her, pressing his lips to her hair.

"Do you have more uniforms at school?" Evangeline nodded.

"Yeah, I do. I may request another, though," she responded quietly. Draco gave her a soft smile then turned to grab her trunk.

"Let's go, darling. Snape should be here by now." He opened the door, grabbing his trunk as well and began walking down the corridor. Evangeline took another glance at the room and followed him out the door. The two of them made their way to the drawing room.

"Ah, here they are. Come on, you need to go," Narcissa spoke with a sad smile, reaching her hand out to grab Evangeline's shoulder. She pulled her into a hug, hand caressing her hair.

"You've done well, dear. I'll see you soon, okay?" Evangeline gave her a small smile, nodding. Narcissa gave Draco a hug and stepped back to join Lucius. Severus stood in the doorway, looking down at Evangeline with sad eyes. She gave him a short nod, grabbing his hand. She felt his thumb run over the top of her hand as she looked up at the Malfoy family. Draco stood beside Severus, who grabbed his arm. They instantly disappeared, stomachs twisting as they appeared in the Potions classroom.

"So what now?" Evangeline asked, stepping forward. Draco sat the trunks down, stretching his arms out. They both turned back to Snape who was crossing his arms.

"Draco, go ahead back to the common room, I need to speak with Evangeline." Draco nodded, grabbing the trunks and making his way out of the room. Evangeline turned back to look at Snape. He had taken a seat and was leaning against his desk.

"Evangeline, how are you doing?" She gave him a confused look, sitting in front of him.

"I'm fine, Severus. Why not ask Draco, too? He went through the same things that I did," she spoke with an annoyed tone. Snape shook his head, looking at his desk.

"No, dear. He didn't. How are you?" His voice was solemn. Evangeline scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Who told you about that? I'm fine, sir. I'm dealing with it," she responded. Snape reached his hand across the desk, opening it for her. She placed her hand in his as he squeezed it, thumb running across the skin, comforting her.

"I know everything that goes on, dear. I don't want you to think that that was something that will be common in this life. It's not. Lucius was very wrong, but from what I hear, the Dark Lord has already punished him." Evangeline nodded.

"He was. I do plan to take my revenge, all in due time." Snape chuckled, releasing her hand.

"You're a strong woman, Evangeline. I'm hopeful in your future in your work." Snape gave her one last smile before leaning back in his chair. Evangeline stood, giving him a quick grin.

"Thank you, sir. I should be going now." He waved his hand, excusing her. Evangeline hurried out of the room, rushing down to the dungeons. As she pushed open the door to the common room, Draco stood from his seated position, staring at her awaiting information.