Unaware

(This is the first story I wrote on wattpad and you can check it out in chapters, but it's also here)

Assignment: write a short story

Subject: Dutch 

Amount of space: max. three pages

Year: 1st

The New Yorker 1996

Young writer Elvis king, nephew of "The king of Horror", Stephen King, fills the shoes of his uncle, and made a breakthrough with his book based on the murder of a maid in the Stanley Hotel in Colorado. The book is called; "From Experience". It is situated through the eyes of the anonymous murderer of the 17 year-old girl named Susan Quinn. "I had no idea what to write, so i asked my uncle, because, well, who knows how to get inspiration for a book better than Stephen King, himself?" thus Elvis King. ""Write what you know," he told me, so i thought about scary things i knew and what i wanted to write about. I thought about it for about two weeks before i read about the murder on Susan Quinn in the papers. I thought i could maybe write from the murderers perspective, about how he planned the murder and how it happend." 

*Elvis' journal about how he made the story*

February 28th 1996, I have been thinking for days about how to write this book, but i still don't have a clue. The only thing i have is the genre and the plot. I guess i'm gonna have to ask my uncle. He has written so many great books, he should have some good advice. I grab my phone and my fingers dial the nummer of uncle Stephen. After a bunch of annoying beeps in my ear, i hear the voice of my uncle, Stephen King. I ask him how to get inspiration on how to create a good, scary book, the way he can. 'You just write what you know and think, empathize with the character's point of view,' he says. I hang up the phone after we exchange goodbyes, after a rather short conversation. I still didn't get a callback on the job at that publishing company. I don't think I'm going to get the job, considering i have been waiting three weeks for a call and Mr Forman told me i had to wait a week, at most. Well, considering i do not have any job right now, I guess I can stay at a hotel somewhere to work on my book.

February 29th 1996 I am gonna search for a hotel in Colorado, i don't want to get too far away from Utah, but i at least wanna leave this state and i have always wanted to go to Colorado. There is an hotel there, called the Stanley Hotel. Uncle Stephen once visited that hotel and wrote one of his most succesfull books about it, due to a nightmare he had when visiting. I am gonna check when I'll be leaving, because i want to write a book as good as his.

March 1st 1996, I have decited to leave today, I'm packing my bags and i will be leaving A.S.A.P.

March 3rd 1996, I have been at this hotel for a day now, and i am thinking the maid that helped me to my room is a sinner. Pride. Pride is the first deadly sin. The girl, Susan, i think her name was, has committed the sin of Pride. She is proud of herself. Saint Augstine said it himself; "It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." She has to die. To free us of her sins. She will be dead. That's it! I'll kill her to free the world of the sins from this devil born in heaven. Then i'll write a book about it, and everybody will love it, because the world will be free of her sins! I obviously will not tell anyone, because mankind thinks that murder is a sin, even though the world will be free of someone else's. I'll be an anonymous hero, but i'll be the hero of the murderbooks! Though, tell me something, isn't there a person in your life, that you would love to kill if you could? You cannot tell me that i'm wrong.