𝑰. ── MEMORIES OF AN OLD FRIEND

* ·          ✧

    ⋆    · * . · .  

  · ·       .. ✷

✧ . .      

· +    * ·          ✧

    ⋆    · * . · .  

  · ·       .. ✷

CHAPTER ONE
( 𝑴𝑬𝑴𝑶𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑺 𝑶𝑭 𝑨𝑵 𝑶𝑳𝑫 𝑭𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑵𝑫 )

"The most cherished memory happens to be the one which you intend to forget

"The most cherished memory happens to be the one which you intend to forget. it'll remind itself to you the moment comes, taking you by surprise. it'll land a fragile smile on your face." Marcus Brody used to say as a wise man he was. At the age of four, the funny words flew around little Marian's blonde head. they only seemed as mysterious riddles she needed to solve, games that'll reveal the meaning after she played. 

"Would you like to play a game? If you win, you can have chocolate." Doctor Henry Jones asked though he knew the answer was yes from the moment Marian's hazel doe eyes shined with pure joy.

"Yes!" she exclaimed. Doctor Jones's sunken brown orbs fixated on Marian's feature, his one brow arched up slightly. 

"Please," Marian added as she kept nodding. Henry smiled softly, showing some of the wrinkles scattered around his face. "The game is pretty simple. I'll start and you'll continue to count, until ten." Marian nodded again. she opened her mouth, ready to count. She could already taste the chocolate on her tongue.

"one -" "ah ah," Henry stopped his granddaughter before she can quickly finish what she started. His big, calloused hands landed on her tiny arms. "in Latin. now, start again." He said, causing Marian to let out a long huff. Her light brown brows furrowed, it was hard to remember. 

"u-unus," she blurted out. a proud smile appeared on Henry's old frame, he gave an encouraging nod. "duo, tres, qu-qua…" Marian's eyes squinted into a line, her puffy lips parted. 

"Quattuor." Another yet familiar voice added. Indiana Jones, junior, turned to his father. "And she's only five, dad." He made a quick job to walk towards them from where he was only to be greeted by his daughter in the middle. "Daddy, we were playing a game!" she said excitedly. Indiana, now in his arms, looked at his daughter. He placed a kiss on her golden hair. 

She reminded him of his mother; she had the same golden locks that fell on her shoulder, the same laugh that was the sound of the music he never wanted to forget, the same ears that he shared. but, her eyes remained the light Indiana never thought he would see in his life. the shape of them resembled his own, yet there was a whole other world Indiana could get lost in. They stared at him with unconditional love in them. No, they were nothing like his own brown with a hint of olive green eyes. They were unique in their own way