Chapter 1: The Morning

As I feel the glint of sun hitting my forehead from the slit in my poorly closed curtains, i stretch for a moment, feeling rather relaxed, unbothered for a while. I open my eyes gently and look at the wall. what day must it be? I ponder for a moment and then panic, surely it isn't Monday already?

I stumbled out of my bed and glanced back to my bedside table. 6:55am.

"Wonderful" I mutter as I try to collect myself, preparing for the day ahead. The first day of school was always boring, lectures from the same old teachers, in the same boring, moulding classrooms.

As I sift through my wardrobe in search of a decent outfit I stubble upon a dress. A red floral-patterned dress. I freeze for a moment to think, my heart sinks. This feeling wasn't uncommon these days however I never anticipate it, it always seems to catch me off guard and take my breath away. This red dress. The dress I wore the last time I saw my mother.

I try to recollect myself.

After a few moments I carry on rummaging through my somewhat unorganised wardrobe and find a pair of dark jeans and a mustard looking jumper. Good enough. With that I hear a nock at my front door, and a little spark lights up inside me, and I feel the smile appear on my face,

"Thomas!" I gasp as I rush down the stairs, eager to see my old friend again.

"Careful Rosie" my dad yells as he watches me carelessly glide down the stairs, evidently his sharp tone frightened me more than he anticipated as he reaches out to grab me. I shrug him off and grab my bag, heading for the door. Things haven't been the same between us, but he knows I'm trying.

"Have a good day love" he smiles, I nod in gratitude back towards him, and head for the door.