Part Seven; So I Walk Out Of Here Tonight

"So let's summarize it, shall we? Elena is trapped in some other reality and living the same day on loop with a murderer who is seeking out for revenge?" Kol spoke, nodding his head with impression. Bonnie narrowed her eyes and looked at them, not really wanting to stay with them. "The only reason I am here because I promised Elena that I will reunite Hope with her family safely. And since I did, I can leave"

"And you will leave her there? Why wouldn't you? It would benefit you!" Rebekah yelled as Bonnie intended to leave. She gulped and looked at Rebekah who was looking her with anger. "Watch your mouth!" Bonnie yelled back, clearly feeling the guilt.

"What are you two talking about?" Klaus looked between the two girls, not understanding what is wrong with Elena's return. "Do you think she doesn't know? Do you really think that she wouldn't find out?" Rebekah smirked and scoffed, Bonnie was sometimes struggling with remembering that Elena and Rebekah still remained friends after Elena turned it on. "Find out what?" Elijah asked, looking at Bonnie.

"That her best friend is sleeping with her boyfriend" She hissed under her breath and looked directly at Bonnie, killing her with her glares. "And still, she speared your life. She let you live and sacrificed herself" Rebekah scoffed and shook her head, with the pain of losing the only friend she had, she got angrier. "I should go"

"You are going nowhere Bonnie! You are going back to that damned prison and bringing Elena back!" Rebekah shouted as Bonnie turned her back. Bennett witch looked back to the family before leaving the house.

Rebekah shook her head as she walked back to her room, leaving others with their shock, alone. Kol raised his eyebrows looked at his brothers. "Wasn't he obsessed with her? I remember the time he was acting like a creepy stalker, trying to have her"

"His curiosity about Ms Bennett must have overtaken his obsession, seems so" Elijah said walking out of the parlor, leaving them alone. "I need to find Hayley" Klaus stated as he kissed his daughter's cheek. "And I need to talk with witches, do you think your girlfriend could be useful at least for once?"

Kol looked at his brother and shrugged, not caring that no one in his family liked Davina. "I can talk to her" Klaus shook his head. "I will, if you do she will get jealous of poor girl" He said and turned his back to Kol, walking out of the parlor. "Why do you want to get Elena back?"

Klaus stood there for a second, and shrugged. "She protected my daughter, and she was aware that Hope is my daughter. She could have leave her to dead, if it was me and someone related to Elena, I would leave them to die. She deserves a thank you" Kol raised his eyebrows because he was impressed. He just nodded, sat down alone in the parlor, thinking about what his brother just said. Maybe he was right, maybe what Elena had done was really honorable. Or maybe it was just Elena being Elena, it didn't matter. What Elena had done was big, and Kol was grateful that his niece was back.

———

Elena was slow to wake up, her eyes were hurting and she was somehow shaking with cold, or maybe with trauma, she was not really sure since the day she was experiencing was something you could call overwhelming. Elena took her time before opening her eyes physically, she was able to hear voices, she was able to hear someone's breathing impatiently.

Elena did not want to open her eyes, feeling nothing but emptiness, the voice in her head was saying that she saved Hope. Saving Hope was her priority from the very second she had her in her arms, from the first second the little girl's adorable giggle filled her ears, giving her one thing she really craved for; hope.

However, she could not help but think how she saved a traitor, how every thing she had said and all the things she had done was act when it was about Bonnie. How stupid she was to forgive her, did she waited for her to redeem herself somehow? She knew Bonnie could send her and Hope instead of herself and Hope, Elena told her to leave. Not really because she cared about Bonnie, she wanted Hope to go back to her family.

She felt that undeniable urge to open her eyes, her eyelashes hurt her eyes somehow, she did not understand. However, she did not mind, she opened her eyes. Her brown eyes caught Kai's eyes, eyes were watching her so intensely and Elena could say his eyes held some kind of worry. And it was impossible to understand for either of them but Kai was not happy with the fact that it took her so long to wake up. He took a deep breath, crouched down. "Elena"

Elena looked around before standing up, she hated when her neck was snapped. She remembered the time Katherine snapped her neck, ah that bitch could go to hell of she was not already there, Elena thought. However she did not hate Katherine, her snapping Elena's neck was making her furious once she was recovering. "I had to snap your neck, sorry about that. I told you that I would never kill you"

His words meant nothing to Elena, she just hated how she was there, had to spend her days in misery. Who she really missed from her past life? She could say Stefan, her best friend even after everything happened between them. It was nice to see that both of them were mature enough to stay friends.

Oh Elena definitely missed the bubbly blonde, her other best friend whom Elena was sure that crushing on Stefan. Elena was good at reading people, it was all over her that Caroline was into Stefan. Thought made her smile, she thought more, if they married some day, their wedding would be magical.

"Are you alright Elena?" Kai asked and Elena shook her head, her first reaction was shaking her head. She stood up, balancing herself with the help of her two feet and looked at Kai who was looking at her already. They were trapped in with him, but somehow he did not seem like the same guy who tried to render her useless down at the tunnels. The same tunnels Elijah kidnapped her to, and Rebekah trapped her to, now she was almost dying.

Those damned tunnels, she was never going to have a good memory in those tunnels.

a/n: damned tunnels, it's all their fault