Body Pillow

Addison just wanted to run. To run and never look back. She didn't want Mark. She thought she wanted Alex but the moment he had her pressed against the wall she changed her mind. On another time she would've laughed at the shock on his face after being told no. But today, after everything that had been happening lately she just didn't have it in her.

After ending the ridiculous wager with Mark and being slightly berated by Alex and his bruised ego, she made her way to her car. She needed to be away from the hospital. However, the moment she put the keys on the ignition she got a page to come back in. The amount of obscenities that came out of her mouth would put a sailor to shame.

Reluctantly she made her way back to the hospital. Back to deliver a baby because they had no sense of time. Babies didn't care if all you wanted was to drink, to drown your sorrows with food and gin. She walked in through the doors and headed for the ER putting on her happy-baby-delivering-doctor mask.

"Who's ready to have a baby tonight?" She smiled at the oh so happy couple, who smiled right back.

***

It was close to two in the morning when she made her way to an on-call room. She was exhausted so driving was out of the question. She was happy labor had been somewhat quick, without complications. Looking for an empty on-call room had proved to be a chore though. At least two were full of doctors actually sleeping and another was thankfully locked, very particular noises coming from within.

She made it up to one of the on-call rooms on three, huffing and puffing. She didn't care who she had to kick out, she was an attending and she'd use her position to get a damned bed. As she walked into the dimly lit room she heard whimpers and sobs. It took her a moment to figure out why the voice sounded so familiar.

"I'm sorry. I'll swim." The words became clearer as she neared the bed where a certain blonde slept.

"I'm sorry mommy. I'll be good." Meredith whimpered out next. "I'm sorry. Don't leave."

Addison knew she should leave. It wasn't her problem that Meredith was crying in her sleep. It didn't concern her that the girl was in pain. Nothing involving Meredith should worry her, except it did.

"I don't want to be alone. Please." Meredith's sobs echoed around the room and Addison's mind was made up.

She quickly shut the door before moving to the blonde. Nobody needed to see Meredith Grey in this state. She approached the bed and sat at the edge. Gently she called for her, trying to ease her awake.

"Grey?" She called but Meredith's only response was more whimpers and sobs as she repeated that she was sorry.

"Grey?" Addison said a bit louder and slightly shook her.

Still all she got was whimpers and pain, her body jerking with every sob that escaped her lips. This was stupid, she had to wake her. She grabbed both of Meredith's arms and called once more.

"Meredith," She used her name this time. "Wake up." She shook her a bit harder.

Meredith sat up with a jolt and her eyes flew open, but looked empty. As if she were still stuck in her dream her cries became louder. She began to fight and struggle against Addison, smacking her square on the jaw.

"Grey? Meredith. Mer-" she tried but again a flailing hand landed painfully on her chest.

"Look at me. Calm down." Addison didn't mind the slaps or anything like that as she cupped Meredith's face forcing her to look at her. The blonde, however, kept on struggling against her.