CHAPTER 9

Since I got over 3k reads on thins thing here is a new chapter!! Enjoy ;)

Edric and Hunter landed gently in front of the Owl House. Edric climbed off the back, holding Hunter's hand tightly, refusing to let go even when they walked past Hooty.
Speaking of Hooty, the house demon gave the boys a fearful glance, seeing the condition of Hunter's face. His lip had split open again, blood staining them. His face was a little red from the strikes, too.
"Holy HOOT! What have you been up to?!" Hooty screeched.
Hunter patted the owl on the head. "Hey, Hooty. Kikimora's scouts attacked us on the street. Is Eda home?"
Hooty nodded. "Yes, hoot. I'm sure she's gonna be mighty pissed off, though. No one messes with her kids, HOOT!"
Edric laughed while they let themselves into the house. Something about dating Hunter had actually made him start to grow pretty fond of Hooty. Or maybe Hooty just wasn't so bad.

The owl lady descended the stairs casually, but froze in her tracks when she saw Hunter.
"Woah, who jumped you?" Eda asked jokingly, clutching her chest for dramatic effect. "You look like a fucking mess."
"Kikimora." Hunter said simply, wiping his lip with the back of his hand. He frowned at the blood.
Eda looked surprised. "Oh, wait, you ACTUALLY got jumped, what the fuck?!"
Edric nodded and Eda quickly turned to dig through a chest in the corner to grab the first-aid kit that Luz had put together. Luz often got herself into messy situations and had gotten pretty good at cleaning herself up.
"We didn't even get to eat dinner!" Hunter said angrily. "I'm fucking hungry and everything tastes like blood!"

Eda handed Edric the box of bandages, cleaning solution and painkillers, among other miscellaneous care items.
"Listen, kids. I'm supposed to meet with the BATs to see what we can do about Raine. I can stay here if you need me, though."
Hunter nodded in understanding. "It's alright, Eda, I just have a busted lip, it's nothing serious."

She gave Hunter a tight hug. "Jeez, tough guy, I'm so sorry this happened. We're going to get that son of a bitch."

Hunter laughed in her embrace. "Eda, it's okay, I'm fine! Just hangry. And a little gross."

"Yeah, you kind of look like shit." She patted his shoulders lovingly and looked over at Edric. "Green, fix him up, okay?"
Edric nodded and Hunter looked over his shoulder. "Yo Eda! Go get your sexy bard back!" He called, voice all teasing and fun.
Eda turned on her heels and gave him a wide-eyed stare. "Hunter!" her face softened with a touch of embarrassment. "I'm trying."
Hunter snickered at the owl lady and wiggled his fingers in goodbye as she left with Owlbert. Edric put his hand on his shoulder to turn him around, and he immediately started examining his boyfriend.

"Okay, you're definitely bleeding through your shirt." Edric calculated, tenderly tapping the collar of his shirt, and Hunter unbuttoned the top all the way to reveal a small, but bloody spot where the electric shock had struck him.
He wiggled out of the shirt the rest of the way and tossed it to the side, then glanced down at his wound. Edric held an antiseptic wipe up to the spot and Hunter winced at the sting.
He wished he hadn't reacted in such a way that made Edric look concerned. He smiled, desperate to cover his tracks. But Ed wasn't having any of it.
He frowned and looked straight into Hunter's eyes, a look that screamed don't test me, I know you.
"It'll scab over. I get these all the time," Hunter said to reassure the boy in front of him.
He grabbed a bandage and stuck it over the affected spot. "No biggie."
He kissed Edric quickly, then sat back on the couch and sighed.
"I'm sorry this night got ruined." He pouted. He stuck another bandage over a cut on his forehead, the one from school, which kept reopening.
Edric sat down on Hunter's lap and tenderly ran his hand through his hair. "There'll be more opportunities to go out. I'm just glad you're okay." He leaned forward and planted a kiss on his forehead.
Hunter leaned into Edric's touch and closed his eyes. "To be honest, I'm kind of freaking out. It hasn't even been a week since I got my shit rocked at school, and now Kikimora is on my ass."
Ed sighed with discouragement. "I know... There has to be some way to get her to leave you alone."
Hunter shook his head. "Nah, she's got a one-track mind. Clearly, not much is going on in the coven because she's bored and can't think of anything else but torturing me."