➵ thirty eight

"WHAT THE HELL SPANDEX? WERE YOU PLANNING TO TELL ME YOU WERE BEHIND ME AT SOME POINT?"

"I KNEW YOU WOULD SENSE ME."

Diego Hargreeves. November 12, 1963.

"ANOTHER APOCALYPSE?!" Vincent exclaimed, eyes wide.

Rosaleen nodded, "Yes, and we don't know what the cause of it will be this time, so.. We'll have to say our goodbyes now."

Luther blinked, "Woah, I think you're going too fast, Rosa. You're just dumping this onto Vincent all of a sudden.. I don't think—"

"What do you mean goodbyes?" Vincent raised an eyebrow, "I'm helping you guys."

"And what can you do to help?" Diego questioned, an amused eyebrow raised.

Vincent shrugged his shoulders, "I heard your last apocalypse was caused by your sister,"

"What? You'll go fight her?" Diego snorted, "Her powers will kill you in an instant. You don't stand a chance buddy."

Vincent blinked, "Well, I was going to say that since it was a person that caused an apocalypse, I can help keep an eye out and," he paused, growing sheepish, "Fight whoever it is or tackle them, I don't know, do whatever to stop them."

Diego shook his head, looking at Rosaleen, "You dated this guy?"

Rosaleen raised an eyebrow at him, "I liked you and look at yourself. You're in no position to be judging others. Don't put Vincent down, he's trying."

"Yeah, it's his effort that counts." Angelica grinned, giving Vincent a thumbs up.

Diego pursed his lips as Luther laughed, shaking his head. "She's right, you're probably the most messed up person that Rosa has liked."

"Did you forget about that jackass time-traveller?" Vincent questioned, shaking his head. "I think Miles is the most normal man you've liked so far."

"Dang, you're not even going to defend yourself?" Angelica giggled.

Vincent shrugged his shoulders, "I'm pretty weird."

"You are." Rosaleen pursed her lips, making Vincent hold a hand against his chest to feign hurt. Angelica grinned at him.

"Now that we talk about this, you have a very odd taste in men.." Luther pointed out, "Your lovers turn out to be the most fucked up people in the world. I mean, they're good looking and love you for sure, but them as a person.. Your relationships are pretty messed up."

Rosaleen let out a loud fake laugh and slapped a hard hand on top of Luther's shoulder, "You wanna start with 'pretty messed up' relationships Lukey?" She asked in a warning tone, her grin so wide but so fake.

Luther's smile dropped and he gave her an innocent look, "Love you Rosa."

Rosaleen scoffed and turned to Vincent, "You won't be able to help us because you're just a human. There were six of us with powers trying to stop Vanya and she still overpowered us," Rosaleen told Vincent, "She would turn you into dust."