Marco x Reader {Song Fic}

It was two weeks after the day she turned eighteen

All dressed in white

Going to the church that night

I took a deep breath. Trying to calm down the nagging of anxiety in my heart. The drive there seemed to go on forever.

She had his box of letters in the passenger seat

Sixpence in a shoe, something borrowed, something blue

I soon arrived at the church to be met with my bridesmaids, Sasha, Annie, Krista, and my Maid of Honor, and best friend, Mikasa. They quickly rushed me inside, eager to get me ready for my big day.

The day I marry the man of my dreams: Marco Bodt. I was mere hours away from becoming Mrs. (y/n) Bodt. My life finally seemed to be making sense to me and I felt truly happy as my lovely friends began preparing me for something that we spent countless hours rehearsing. The day had finally arrived.

After a couple of hours, I was finally ready to walk down the aisle.

She put her veil down

Trying to hide the tears

Oh she just couldn't believe it

Arm linked with that of my fathers', we slowly made our way down the aisle. And I saw my gorgeous fiance. I had seen him smile so many times over the near eight years I've known him, but this time was different. He looked so happy and so proud at the decision he made. His beautiful smile made my heart flutter the same it has since the day we met.

As we reached the end of the aisle, my father gently kissed my cheek and wished me to be forever happy. I kissed his back as he handed me off to Marco. He looked into my eyes lovingly and whispered sweetly to me.

"You look absolutely stunning." His comment managed to coat my cheeks in a light pink, even after all of these years.

"I could say the same to you, love," was my hushed response as I stepped up to meet him.

The ceremony passed by smoothly and when it was time for the kiss he pulled me close to him, smiling as wide as ever. He slowly leaned in and pressed a warm and gentle kiss on my lips, and for a moment, I had forgotten that he was due to depart for the military in the next few months.

~Time Skip Several Months~

She heard the trumpets from the military band

And the flowers fell out of her hand

I was in the front row during the ceremony. Tears filled my deep (e/c) eyes as I tried to suppress the screams that I needed to let out. I wanted to beg to whatever god may exist to bring him back to me. I needed him back.

Baby why'd you leave me

Why'd you have to go?

I was counting on forever, now I'll never know

I can't even breathe

~Flashback~

He had been gone for what seemed like years, when it had only been five months. I knew that he was due to return home soon and would stay for at the very least a couple years. I was so excited to finally be back in the arms of my wonderful Marco.

I was playing with the ring on my finger with an absent mind as I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly got up, hoping that it would be Marco. To my disappointment, it wasn't him, but the man standing before me did look as though he was from the military and of higher rank than Marco.