PROLOGUE

The everlasting trees were mocking me as I left them behind. Dancing away from me and reminding me that I was to move away from my home while they stayed there. They had no parent to make these incompotetent decisions for them and their home was eternal. Or maybe they were just like me? Wanting to grow and flourish in their homes but getting cut down and moved to places they wouldn't even consider a home. Did they have a choice? No, they were just like me.

So here I was feeling sorry for the trees that had no choice when man decided and Im telling you right now that never in my life had I thought that I would relate to trees but here I was, cheek placed on the cold train window and a novel I got tired of, laying open in my lap.

I look over at my dad who had a brand new woman clinging on him. Two weeks after the death of my mother. The woman whom I thought he loved dearly but clearly not. I watch his hand on the bare thigh of this lady whom I didn't want to ever associate myself with. Her dress rising up way too high and her lipstick way too red. Even the trees seemed to grimace at her.

I pick up the book again and frown at the first sentence my eyes encounter:

"Moving borders to a land she'd never call home."