02: It hurts so bad

"It's because you're infertile, Mr Jeon," the doctor sighed, putting the reports on the table, making both of them freeze at their places

"You sure, D-Doctor?" it was almost impossible for Aira to believe this was true. She almost felt her heart shattering into pieces because of this.

"Yes, Mrs Jeon, it's true. Mr Jeon is infertile which is why it was negative all the time. Here are your reports, have a look," the doctor slid the reports toward them and Jungkook took the reports from the table as he checked it along with Aira. Their eyes widened with every word they read.

Infertile. He was infertile.

"There are many more ways to have a child like artificial insemination, IVF, adoption. You can think and let me know if you'd like to go with any of the options," she suggested what she could.

"T-Thank you, Doctor. We'll let you know."

❈❈❈

The couple sat there on a grassy land with a view of the Han River in front of them. Dazzling colorful lights and a starry night with a cool breeze blowing softly were helping them ease their mind. It felt like it took their stress away from them.

Jungkook was embracing Aira from the side while she kept her head on his shoulder, holding his hand and drawing imaginary shapes over it. None of them had spoken a word after coming out of the hospital and the silence was killing both of them but they didn't know what to say or where to start.

Jungkook let out a sigh before finally breaking the silence.

"I was thinking . . . to tell Mom about it," his words made Aira part from him as she looked at him while still having her grip on his hand.

"I-I think you should. She deserves to know about it after all," her words were low yet enough for him to listen as she stroked his hands softly.

Jungkook took out his phone from his pocket and dialed his mother's number. He bit his lower lip out of anxiety, waiting for his mom to pick up the call. He was nervous and scared about his mother's reaction.

"Oh, my son! I was about to call you," his mother exclaimed to her son as soon as she picked it up but his reaction turned bitter when he heard her next words.

"So, when am I going to be a grandma?" she asked excitedly and the other line went silent, making her confused but she waited for him to reply.

"Mom, have a grip together. The possibility of your wish of becoming grandma is zero percent," his words made his mom go silent as she couldn't get what it meant.

"What do you mean, dear?" she asked, trying to sound like she was concerned but she was boiling with anger, trying her best not to burst out.

"The truth is that we can't fulfill your wish because your son is infertile, Mom," he spat the truth, closing his eyes tight and Aira watched him.

"How on the earth is this possible? No, this is a whole lie! I know that disgraceful girl did something to you!" she shouted utter bullshit on the phone, making Jungkook frown and shocked at the fact that his mother could say something so insensible.

"Mom! Do you even know what you're saying?" he asked her with an unbelievable expression on his face.

"I know exactly what I'm saying! I know she did something to you resulting in being infertile! She is an evil wit-"

Before she could even complete it, Jungkook hung up on her knowing he had enough and if she said something else, he'd lose his temper and do something that he shouldn't be doing.

He sighed and looked at her side only to witness that Aira was still gazing at him, waiting for an answer even though deep inside she knew what his Mom could've said to make him so angry.

"I can't with her, Aira. She literally said you did something to make me infertile which is impossible. Does this even make any sense?"

He ran a finger through his hair, fuming in anger while Aira slowly tried taking the words in, feeling hurt by her mother-in-law who thought so low of her. Not like she didn't see that coming but still couldn't help it.

"It's . . . it's fine. Maybe, she will understand later," she spoke and Jungkook looked at her eyes pooling with tears but she didn't let them fall.

He felt his heart clenching seeing his wife who had always been so strong, breaking down like this and it's all because of his mother. Why did she hate Aira so much? What wrong had she ever done to her?

He pulled her in a hug, letting her wet his shoulders with the tears she had been holding back while he rubbed her back as she sobbed, clenching onto his shoulders even more.

"Don't cry because of my mom, Aira. It hurts me to see you like this because you've always been my strength," he spoke, trying not to break down himself.

"You don't even know how lucky I am to have you, Aira. Your smile is enough to cure any kind of pain I'm going through, I'm not myself without you. You're with me and that's all matter to me. So, what if we can't have a child? We'll adopt one, okay?" he tried to assure her as she hummed in response amid her sobs.

What else do you need other than an understanding partner and their warm embrace? It's enough to make your pain vanish within seconds, it's no less than magic itself.

"It's okay. I'm here, love."

❈❈❈

Aira stood in the kitchen, making breakfast for her beloved husband. She was trying to focus her eyes on the knife which was slicing the fruits but her mind was somewhere else.

She was restless but still, she managed to keep her face calm as if nothing happened when a sudden voice from behind snapped her back into reality.

"What do you think you're doing?"

──────⊹⊱· • ❈ • ·⊰⊹──────

a/n:
what would you've done if you had a mother like jungkook? or if you were in aira's place?