The Spirit of Vengeance [Oculus]

Fanfic: Oculus | J

Fanfic: Oculus | J. Todd

Portrayed by: Matthew Daddario

Background: Adopted by Bruce Wayne and became the second Robin, died on duty but was resurrected by the Al Ghuls. Returned to Gotham years later and had sworn revenge on both Batman and the Joker.

Alias: Red Hood

Age: 25 onwards

Current Status: Alive

Eye color: Steel Blue flecked with emerald green due to the Lazarus Pit.

Hair color and type: Jet Black and slightly messy with a white streak up front.

Skin color: Fair

Height: 6'3"

Love Interest: Evelyn Nichols

Hobbies: Used to have hobbies of performing theater plays, reading classics and poetry, cooking and baking with Alfred. A lot of his hobbies got suppressed as he lost much of his memories after resurrection. 

Personality: This was my first fanfic that had Jason as a main character. At first I had a lot of trouble in writing him but from the seventh chapter, I adjusted. It is also my most read and voted story on this account.

The prominent personality facts about him are as follows:

• Unstable and violent. After being resurrected, he lost most of his memories but remember two men who in his view were the cause of his death; Batman and Joker.

• Tends to plan things out meticulously but there are times when he would resort to instinctive decisions.

• Volatile nature when angered.

• Does not trust easily.

• Highly pessimistic.

• Deep down, he craved a sense to belong again with people he can call family and be able to trust unconditionally.

• Tends to hide his suffering within him. Hates to appear weak or broken in front of anyone.

• Does not follow Batman's No Killing rule. He thinks that one should kill if it is just or truly necessary for a mass benefit.

• Believes that crime can not be stopped but can be controlled through fear. Later on he proved that point to Bruce as well by controlling the drug chain in Gotham to a remarkable extent.

• Favorite adoptive brother is Richard and favorite adoptive sister is Barbara.

• Very protective over his replacement Timothy Drake, even though he would never admit it.

• Used to think that Tim was too innocent and too fragile to be endangered with the vigilante life but later on as he discovered what the boy had been through, he accepted him and admitted that he respected the boy's strength to move on with his life despite every trauma he had faced.

• Honest.

• Has trouble expressing his feelings but he never lies about what he feels.

• Very loving and caring towards the people close to his heart.

• Has silent ways of showing affection. He would rather show that he loves a person than straight up confess it.

Theme Song: Innocent by Taylor Swift 

Time turns flames to embers, you'll have new Septembers

Everyone of us has messed up too

Minds change like the weather, I hope you remember,

Today is never too late to be brand new

Origin story: (follows canon storyline with few modifications).

The only modification in this story is that he had a childhood best friend Evelyn Nichols who was blinded in an accident at the age of seven. He head begun to like her as more than just a friend and almost confessed before going to Bosnia. However, he couldn't get to tell her how he truly felt as he didn't return from Bosnia.

Five years later, he came back to take revenge on the Joker (after being resurrected by Ra's Al Ghul, he had escaped the League ultimately). He unexpectedly found her again and couldn't shut her out of his life once more.

***