Chapter 15: A Party.

A party... Before the portrait hole had opened Harry was stood next to Gwen. But now she was stood alone because someone or lots of someone's had grabbed him and pulled him in. She ran in and found that Fred and George were with Harry "You should've told us you entered!" Fred yelled over the crowd.

"He didn't" Gwen told him through gritted teeth but only he heard, and he ignored her.

"How did you do it without getting a beard? Brilliant!" George also yelled and Gwen shot him a look to shut up.

"I didn't, I don't know how..." Harry tried to explain but Angelina appeared out of nowhere.

"Oh, if it couldn't be me, at least it's a Gryffindor..."

"You'll be able to pay back Diggory for that last Quidditch match, Harry!" Katie Bell one of the Gryffindor Chasers stated.

"We've got food, Harry, come and have some..." No leave him alone...

"I'm not hungry, I had enough at the feast..." but no one listened to him he was thrown, pulled, and tugged in complete disorder, with Gwen unsuccessfully trying to stop people from harassing him so much. The amount of times Harry said, "I didn't do it." To people was ridiculous. By about a hundredth time, in the last half hour, someone had tried to pull him away, but Gwen stopped them. Pulling Harry towards her instead, but it was so crowded that they were practically nose to nose.

"Harry go to bed, this is too much right now," she told him giving him a weak smile to try and cheer him up a little before he was going to see Ron.

"Yeah, you're right," He went to turn to his dorm, but George stopped him by trying to give him a butterbeer which he refused.

"I'm tired! No, seriously George... I'm going to bed..." but George tried his best to stop him almost shoving the butterbeer up his nose, Gwen had enough.

"Oh, seriously, George! Leave him alone." She growled taking the butterbeer from him and sitting by the window while everyone else partied.

*****

Gwen didn't know how many butterbeers she had, but she did know that it was a lot. Almost everyone had gone to bed now and people were starting to clear up. She wasn't drunk, because butterbeers aren't that strong. But she was starting to feel a little dizzy. So, she just sat there looking out the window into the black and dreary outdoors. Clutching the empty butterbeer bottle firmly in her grasp. She was so focused on looking out the window that she hadn't noticed the clanging of all her empty bottles below her.

"Anything interesting out there?" Gwen turned away from the window and saw George picking up her empty bottles "Merlin, Gwen, how much did you drink?"

"Not enough," she replied bluntly. "Unfortunately, I have self-control." she explained before jumping up and swaying a bit, before managing to stable herself.

"Yeah," George snorted, "I can see that."

"Shut up, I'm fine, just... tired," she sighed, looking up at him before noticing they were the only two in the room. "Where is everyone?"

"Gone to bed, Fred left me in charge of clean up duty... so... here I am." George said waving his bottles around. The two of them were silent until George exhaled deeply. "Are you mad at me?"

"What do you mean?"

"For trying to keep Harry down here, I mean, you sat here for the whole party and ignored me completely." When he told her this Gwen felt a heavy weight on top of her stomach. She wasn't trying to ignore him, she wasn't talking to anyone, she was thinking.

"It wasn't just you I was ignoring, I mean, I was a little annoyed about the Harry thing... but it doesn't matter."

"Why do you even care about what happened with Harry anyway?" George said. It could have been a simple question but something about his tone infuriated Gwen. She had started to notice that George had been strangely protective over her lately, especially when she was with Harry. The way he acted during that game of Truth or Dare for one thing.