( x. the yule ball )

"DO YOU EVER GET THE FEELING THAT YOU'll NEVER EXPERIENCE EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO?"

MAGNOLIA WOKE UP to Hugo shaking her. He had a big smile on his face. "Get up! Get dressed!" He said, pulling the covers off of her. She sat up, confused. Her hair was messy, and she had not planned to get up this early on a Saturday. Hugo gave no explanation, he simply waited for her to get ready. When she was, he handed her a flower - a lily, to be specific.

"What's this for? It's lovely." Magnolia asked her friend, who linked arms with her.

"Just because. Anyways, Luna wanted me to bring you near the Ravenclaw common room. Have a nice day, Mags!" Hugo said, practically skipping away when they reached Luna.

Magnolia was confused, but smiled at her little sister. "What's going on, Luna?"

"This is for you, Mango. It's very beautiful and he would love for you to have it. Come, now, Bea wanted to see you in the Great Hall." Luna said, handing her sister a daisy.

Magnolia was officially proper confused, but went along with her little sister. It was often that she went on little adventures with Luna - so maybe that's what this was.

Bea stood by the Great Hall doors, and as soon as they got there, Luna headed the other way.

"What's going on, Bea?" She asked as Bea handed her a Tulip. Bea smiled.

"Just you wait, Maggie. You'll find out soon. Now, Gwen and Elliot wanted to see you in the courtyard. Shall we?" Bea asked, extending her hand. Magnolia took it, her eyebrows furrowed as the Ravenclaw dragged her towards the courtyard.

When they reached the new couple; they'd made it official that morning - they handed her roses. Just like Hugo and Luna, Bea was now nowhere be seen.

"Gwendolyn Merula Crow, tell me what's going on right now!" Gwen smirked as Elliot grabbed the very confused Lovegood, and hoisted her over his shoulder.

"Where are we going? Why is everybody acting so strange? Put me down! I may be little, but I fight big! In case you've forgotten, I fought a dragon the other day!" Magnolia rambled. Her voice light and dreamy even when she was serious. Gwen laughed from beside her.

"Yes, I know you are very feisty, Magnolia. Cheer up, it's my best friend, do you expect anything less extravagant?" He chuckled. Magnolia decided to stay silent until Elliot put her down. She brushed her hair out of her face, huffing.

"What was that about?" She asked.

"Look up." Gwen said, pointing.

They'd taken her to her favorite tree, and while she was usually the only one who climbed it, she looked up to see Cedric holding a bouquet of magnolias. He jumped down, landing on his feet, and handing the flowers to the girl he loved.