Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Sige na, magpahinga ka na...."

Those were his last words to me last night. Paggising ko ay medyo maayos naman na ang pakiramdam ko. At kahit Christmas break, hindi sila papayag na hindi kami bigyan ng gawain kahit bakasyon naman kaya iyon ang ginawa ko paggising.

Lunch time when I decided to stop doing my school work. I have a whole two weeks to do this but I don't want to think about my pending work this whole vacation so I am rushing it.

"Good afternoon, Ate..." I greeted and she greeted me back. I looked around but I didn't see anyone except Ate Nira. "Nasaan po sila?"

"Ah, kaninang umaga pa umalis sila Mama at Papa mo, tapos si Ate Nina mo naman namalengke," she explained. I sat in the dining area. "Gusto mo na bang kumain? Nakaluto na ako,"

"Hintayin na lang po natin si Ate Nina,"

She nodded. I lay my head on the table because it's still hurting a little. But I admit that our late night talk yesterday really helped me a lot. I jumped when Ate Nira put something on the table. My eyes widened when I saw the sticky note in the Selecta cookies and cream in front of me. I unconsciously smiled. "Bigay ng crush mo," she said, teasing.

get well soon, kirsten :(

- Drei

"May masakit ba sa'yo?"

I bit my lip. "Medyo masakit lang 'yung ulo ko, Ate Nira. Okay naman na ngayon," I gave her a thumbs up. She nodded. It's not my intention to lie but I don't want her to worry about me. And I feel better now, maybe I still have a fever but I know that it will eventually disappear later.

My phone vibrated, Mizuki's name popped up on the screen. "Uh, sagutin ko lang po 'to," I excused myself. Kinuha ko ang ice cream at dinala iyon sa kwarto ko. I missed the call so I called her again.

"Hi!" I waved.

I looked at her background. I saw his little brother playing in their garden. Gosh, I miss playing with Masaru! And yes, Mizuki has a 7 years old little brother! Hindi halata kasi sobrang sama niya sa kapatid niya. I always say to her that she should be grateful because she has a sibling and not a loner like me!

But I know she loves her brother.

She's just like teasing Masaru.

"Wow! You look... normal now," she stated and laughed. "Looks like your crush made his move, huh?" she added. I rolled my eyes but I saw Masaru making his way on her Ate. I waved at him.

"Hi, Maru!"

"Hi, Ate!"

"Doon ka nga!"

"Mizuki! Don't be rude!" I frowned. Maru just stuck his tongue out and waved at me before he turned around to play again.

"So, what does your guy do to please you when you see him with someone else and you're acting like a jealous ex-girlfriend? hmm?"

"God, Mizuki, what did you say? What did he do to please me? That sounds so bad!"

She burst a loud laugh. "You're so green minded!" She put her phone in a stand. "Well I can't blame you, he sounds so hot in the way you describe him so..."

"Mizuki!"

"Did you two already kiss?"

I sighed. Alam ko naman na ganito siya magsalita pero never ata akong masasanay. Because of her questions I started to imagine things that I shouldn't imagine! I swear, mas magiging awkward pa ako lalo kapag kasama si Andrei!

She laughed when I didn't answer. "I'm just kidding! We're still babies!" she added.

"Tss. How about you and Mia? How was it? Did you confess already?" I asked and I immediately regret it! I said that I should not pressure her! She looked shocked staring at me but I couldn't take my words back!

"How... did you know?"

"Of course, I know! I mean, I..." I really don't know why, I just think that she likes her. "I don't know... maybe I know you so well? We have literally been friends since we were kids and we are always together!"

And I know that if she hates someone she will just ignore that person and continue her life like that person doesn't exist and I know that because I would do the same if it was me!

She looks uneasy and uncomfortable about this topic so I speak. "You don't have to force yourself if you're not ready yet but I just want you to know that I'll support you. In everything. Okay?"

She smiled warmly. "I wish I could hugged you now,"

I laughed. "Clingy,"

She scoffed. "Nahiya naman ako sa kinikilig mong mukha nung tinawagan kita kanina!"

"I'm not kinikilig!" but I know my cheeks are saying otherwise because it feels like boiling right now. Ano ba ang nakakakilig sa ice cream?! Hindi ko alam! Gusto ko lang kiligin!

"Ano kayang suyo ang ginawa ng crush mo sa'yo-"

"Will you stop saying crush, Mizuki? He has a name!" I yelled. Napansin kong dati pa niya tinatawag na crush si Andrei. Sinasadya pa ata ipaalala sa akin na may crush na ako! Like... oo na nga! Crush ko na!

"Of course he has, Kirsten! Common sense!" She rolled her eyes. "I would call him by his name if you cared to tell me what his name is but you don't!"

My mouth went open. "Oh..."

She crossed her arms. "So, what he's name? I promise, hindi ko siya aagawin kahit mukhang hot siya tapos sabi mk matalino pa,"

I glared at her. "You have Mia na,"

"Oo na nga, kaya hindi ka dapat kabahan na aagawin ko siya sa'yo. Kabahan ka dapat sa babaeng pumupunta sa kanila na may gusto sa kaniya," She laughed.

"Hindi ko na nga sasabihin sa'yo," I joked.

"Gosh, joke lang!"

"Sa isang kondisyon..."

"What?"

I grinned. "Tell me your answer in module 5. I promise I will just find an idea!" I know it's bad to cheat but it's so hard and I'm not gonna copy it naman. I will just check if my answers are correct!

"Fine! What's his name?"

"Andrei,"

She stopped and creased her brows. She leaned over the screen, now with mouth open wide covered with her hands. "Who, again?"

"Andrei?"

"Can you say it again?"

"Why? What's going on?" I confusely asked. She stood up, holding her mouth because of shock. I immediately got worried. "What the hell, Mizuki? What's going on?!"

Hindi siya nagsalita at tumingin lang siya sa akin gamit ang nanlalaki niyang mata. Umirap ako. She's at it, again. "As in, Lucas Andrei Bautista?" she asked.

"Yes."

"What the fuck, Kirsten?!"

"Can you explain what's going on and stop screaming?"

She heavily breathed before starting to tell me the story. My mind stopped when she finished telling me the story about the past. Ate Nira called me so I had no choice but to end the call even though my mind can't process all that I found out. We ate but my mind was clouded with thoughts until I went to bed, trying to sleep.

Is it really him?