Chapter 13

~Dina~

"Mama."

I looked up and seen somebody I never thought I would see in here.

I never wanted her to step foot in here.

"Ry, baby! What in the hell are you doing here?" I asked as I quickly took the tourniquet off.

"Mama! Mama!" Ryan said as she started crying and ran to me.

"Ryan!" I heard another familiar voice.

"Mommy, what's wrong? Why are you doing this?" Ryan said as she hugged me.

"Ryan, don't you ever—Auntie?" Marcus said as he walked closer and looked at me.

"You and Ry need to leave now! You don't need to be here!" I said as I carefully placed the needle on top of a box close by.

"Mama, we need to take you to the hospital. You don't look good. Mama, please. You don't look like yourself!" Ryan said as she pulled out her cellphone.

She was right.

I wasn't myself.

I hadn't taken a good shower in two days. My blonde hair is now all over my head, and my face looked like I've been in a war zone.

"Auntie, what happened to your face? Who did this?" Marcus said as he started tearing up as he looked at me.

"Kids, I'm fine. I don't need help. You two need to get out of here. Right now. Didn't I tell you to never come over this way? Huh?" I said as I tried not to cry.

"Mama, please. Let's go. We can get you some help. We love you. Daddy loves you, too. This isn't you!" Ryan said as she tried to pull me up.

"Baby girl, your mama is f—"

"Ry, call 9-1-1! We about to take you to the hospital!" Marcus said as he tried to get me up.

"NO!" I said screaming.

"Mommy, please! I don't want you to die! You were about to do drugs! You don't do—"

"Dina, what the hell is this?"

The kids jumped at the sound of his voice.

"Baby, calm down. These are my kids. My daughter and my nephew. L-L-Leave—Leave my babies alone. They just came to say hi."

"Please, let my mama go! She's need medical attention! Look at her!" Ryan said sobbing.

"I don't give a fuck! Get out of here before I break you!" The man said as he jumped at Ryan.

It scared my baby so bad that she dropped her cellphone.

"Aye, my auntie is coming—"

Within two seconds, Marcus was on the ground holding his eye.

"MARCUS!" I said screaming as I ran to Marcus, but he pulled me away.

"MOMMY!" Ryan said screaming as she ran to me.

He hurriedly pulled out his gun.

"No! No! Don't hurt my baby! Please! She's gonna leave! They both are! Please don't kill my baby! I wouldn't live with myself if she got hurt! Please!" I said as I started crying as I jumped in front of Ryan.

"Mommy, don't do this! I just lost my baby brother. I can't lose my mother, too. Mama, please." Ryan said as she tried to hold on to me.

"If you daughter and nephew don't leave, I will blow all y'all fucking brains out!"