On Fire

Chapter 1 9

Nathaniel and Lila sat together in the library doing their homework together.

"At which number are you?" Asked Lila.

"118 A" Responded Nathaniel. "Only this and 119" 

"You're almost done then," Said Lila and the redhead nodded.

"I'm done for now," Said Nathaniel closing his math notebook, then turned his head at Lila, making her smile.

"And now?" Asked Lila and Nathaniel shrugged his shoulders at Lila's question.

"I don't know" Responded Nathaniel.

"Have you got any idea, what we could do now?"

"Uh...." Stated Nathaniel looking at the bookshelves in the library, then back at the Italian brunette. "Reading?"

"You like to read? Asked Lila surprised.

"Well I'm more into comic books and mangas" Answered Nathaniel scratching the back of his head. "Maybe we could do something else?"

"Yes and maybe out of this room" Added Lila. "If you want to"

"Uh...do you know Paris?" Asked Nathaniel. "Where the Notre Dame is and other places?"

"Only the Eiffel Tower and the Trocadero. The Notre Dame I have only passed by...do you...are you interested to show me the rest?"

"I don't know" Responded Nathaniel unsure. "I also don't know every corner in Paris..."

"I don't mean every corner. I mean some places. Maybe some you like the Louvre?" Suggested Lila.

"Well I like to visit the Louvre...but I think you'd find it boring"

"No way," Said Lila. "That must have some interesting piece of arts or statues"

"We can visit it another day" Suggested Nathaniel.

"Are you trying to hide something from me?" Asked Lila giving Nathaniel a suspicious look.

".....There's an exposition about superheroes and....yeah I know you wouldn't like it because of Ladybug"

"Oh..." Said Lila.

"I didn't know, how you would react if you saw that part of the museum. This is why I didn't want to go with you to the museum"

"It's okay Nathaniel," Said Lila. "I'm sorry about this question"

"No, I am. I shouldn't have said the Louvre was boring, which made you question about and I then said it was boring and then....uh"

Lila giggled at Nathaniel. "You talk no sense"

"Hehe" Replied Nathaniel sheepishly.

"Are we going?" Asked Lila getting up from the chair.

"Yeah and where should we start?" Asked Nathaniel and Lila thought.

"What's the closest attraction of Paris?" Asked Lila and Nathaniel stood up answering it.

"The Notre Dame" Responded Nathaniel. "I myself wasn't in there too"

"Why?" Asked Lila. "Never attended church service or anything?"

"Well, two years ago I had my bar mitzvah. But this was inside a synagogue"

"So you're Jewish?"

"Yeah" Responded Nathaniel. "And yes I'm circumcised, if you're going to ask that"

"No, I wasn't," Said Lila with a chuckle. "But glad you're answered it"