Holding Hands

It was lunch and Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were sitting at the table, Harry and Hermione eating slowly and calmly while Ginny and Ron were shovelling food down their throats.

"You two are going to choke one day," Hermione was staring intently at the Daily Prophet and peering over the top to look at Ron and Ginny.

"We're hungry," Ron muttered back.

"I second that," added Ginny, "Try not being hungry after a training session with Harry, it's torture. And as my girlfriend you should be protecting me and stop Harry from torturing us."

Harry simply smiled and shrugged.

"I'll talk with Harry later but he's not shoving food down his throat every second."

"He's not the one doing the training," Grumbled Ginny.

They stayed silent after a while and finally when Hermione looked back up she saw that the two Weasleys had managed to clear two whole platters of food and were still going strong. 

Finally Hermione put her foot down. She grabbed Ginny's fork which still had a sausage on it and held it away.

"Hey give it back,"

"No, you've had enough and don't tell me I don't know how much is enough for you because your mum has told me enough about you and you need to leave food for the others."

Ginny tried to grab at the fork and Hermione simply held it out of reach. Ginny kept trying but to no success. She got up and started to climb on top of Hermione to reach it but Hermione knew her too well and simply shoved her off.

"You pushed me, now you NEED to give it back,"

"I don't think so," Ginny sat back on the bench and tried one last time to grab her fork back and Hermione intercepted with her hand only for the two to slot their fingers together.

This somehow made Ginny forget her stolen food and kissed Hermione's hand. 

"The universe loves us being together, everything we do is made romantic,"

Hermione rolled her eyes as Ginny curled up into her side and kissed her neck. She tilted her head side ways to rest her head on Ginny's as Harry dragged Ron away saying something about 'not interrupting his OTP' and ran off.