Luke

Why did I have to meet her? Out of every mutant out there, I met my former team mate.
I put my head into my hands, and stared at the floor.
Memories of all the teammates came back, and it left me parallyzed. I couldn't even help Jaylynn.
I looked over at the green haired girl, who was in a peaceful slumber.
I smiled softly at her, before I decided to stand up and go for a long walk. In camp borders anyway. I won't be going outside for a while.
I took a quick moment to go into the bathroom to check my scar though.
It was healing nicely. Or at least, before I did all that. Now it had reopened itself.
I groaned in frustration, and quickly bandaged it up. I shifted my shoulder awkwardly, before I walked back out and outside. I walked slowly down the steps, and stared at the sky the entire time. I sighed and thought about Serenity and felt guilt nearly overwhelm me.
She shouldn't have died. The entire team would've been well on their way. They wouldn't have had to go to the witch doctor for me.
"You okay?" I heard Jett from behind me, but I ignored him for a couple moments.
"Yeah.." I finally mumbled. Jett came up beside me, and rested a hand on my shoulder. I quickly shrugged it off when my wound began to sting.
"Sorry." Jett chuckled softly, and looked to where I was looking.
"Jaylynn will be fine." He told me. I nodded.
"I know." I said quietly. We both stood in an awkward silence after that, until Jett cleared his throat and walked away.
I continued to walk around camp, and finally found myself sitting at the pool's edge. I stared deeply into the water with wonder, and frowned.
I still don't understand how this place is so clean and natural. It was like some mighty god decided to be kind and give this to us.
"YO LUKE!" A voice stirred me suddenly from my thoughts, and I immediately jumped up and pulled out my gun.
I soon saw who was calling my name. Kylen?
I narrowed my eyes at the figures that were running towards me. But my breath hitched at what I saw was following them.
A couple mutants.
I looked at my shoulder, and then back at the team. I cursed under my breath, and rushed to the fence, quickly scaled it, and jumped down on the other side. I went in between the mutants and the team. I quickly shot them a look.
"Get in." I ordered them. They nodded their thanks and began to climb the fence.
I looked back at the mutants, but felt my blood freeze.
"D-Darian..? Zayna?" I whispered in horror. True enough, the siblings stood in front of me. But they looked nothing like they did before. I only recongnized them because of their hair.
"C'mon Luke!" I heard Fiona shout, and I glanced at the team who was safely behind the fence.
I nodded, and quickly jumped to the fence, leaving the mutants behind the fence.
I landed on the other side, but forgot about the mutants for the moment.
A hand reached through the fence, and grabbed my jacket.
I instantly pulled out my dagger from my belt, and sliced the arm.
Darian was the one who grabbed me, and he fell backwards. I felt sick, but kept a stoic expression. I turned to the others, and realized how filthy and exhausted they look.
I nodded towards the house, and they all understood, and walked to the house. I immediately fell to my knees when they disappeared. I clenched my hair with my hands, and I breathed in deeply.
"I'm sorry..." I whimpered to the mutants that stood outside.