Yan Scaramouche x Reader///A Single Dendrobium

//// Inspired by the myth of Hades and Persephone

After encountering you, a medic from Bubu Pharmacy, in Liyue, Scaramouche uses his Dendro Delusion to lure you into his arms and make you his.

----------------------------------------------------

Warnings: Implied Sexual Content, Yandere themes

There it was again. That jingle. A soft, yet thunderous sound. A gentle clinking as he moved. It was a signal of his presence, like the sudden snap before a tree falls.

His lavender eyes were always judging, scrutinizing, analyzing. That's what he did best. Prejudice was an addicting vice for him.

The harsh lift of a chin, a slender hand on your cheek, then your shoulder and hip. His face was one that resembled divinity in its purest form, yet he could not be as tender. He never really gave you anything. Perhaps, at times, a condescending smile or an eyeroll, but that was merely all.

With you he was ephemeral, but his presence was eternal, forever imprinted on Teyvat. The crunch of dirt under his sandals can be heard anywhere. His laugh echoes through the night, taunting the corpse in the sky.

Yet he always came back to you. Everything felt colder when he was here. His being seemed to activate your instincts. Eyes scattering to every corner, looking at the build-up of frost on the windows.

He scoffed and snatched your vision. You felt helpless, naked. A dendro vision would have been more to your taste as someone who worked at Bubu Pharmacy before, but as the snow and hoarfrost murmur, the Tsaritsa gives cryo visions to people who shoulder the grievances of the world. He threw your vision back at you. Humiliation ate you as you fumbled to catch it.

"You always look so beautiful like this."

You didn't dare look up. But you wished you did because he left once again. You felt empty without him.

Those violet eyes first bore into you in the land of geo. A serene and balmy day it was, you were urgently called to tend to those who were hypnotized by slumber after touching mysterious meteorites. On the way to Wangshu Inn, you met a handsome man dressed in black attire. He claimed to be a vagrant from Inazuma.

You couldn't help but blush when he was with you. The way his eyes softened as you examined the victims. The way he desired to help you seek answers. The way his small smile seemed to grow when he was gazing at you.

He was saccharine. You loved the way his veils swayed, how his tassels and chains were like a melodious chime in the delicate breeze. But like lightning, he was gone in a moment; you were convinced he was naught but a dream, a vision, a mirage. The thought of the gods sending you a prince flashed through your mind for a second.

You could recall picking wild glaze lilies in Dihua Marsh in order to restock incense at the pharmacy. You remember singing to them to ease their frail hearts, but near the glistening shallow water, you spotted a red flower. How odd, you thought. It was a stunning Dendrobium, yet those grew only in Inazuma. Perhaps it is starting to become an invasive species? You hummed. You concluded, however, that surely that is not the case, as the Qixing would have informed the public about it by now.

You stared in utter awe. You've seen photos, paintings, and even dried and pressed variations, but this was just beautiful. The crimson petals like vibrant, fresh blood. It was bewitching. How could a simple flower be so captivating?

Maybe if greed didn't take you over, you would have had your happily ever after. But you picked it.

A jingle was heard.

You turned your head sharply, looking in all directions. The sensation of eyes feasting on your body slithered up your spine. Everything started to blur, everything felt tiring, everything became so stifling. You stumbled a bit. Knuckles were paling from gripping the stem. You tried reasoning with yourself; it was a hot day, maybe you were dehydrated? It was quite a journey going from the Harbor to the Marsh. Fatigue, yes, fatigue.

The river water reflected the blazing sun. You hissed, shutting your eyes tightly. The noise of your wicker basket dropping startled you. It was getting harder to breathe; every cell seemed to be wailing. You heard a gasp, then a hoarse cough. Soft hands choked your neck. Wait, was that you? You couldn't tell anymore. Tears ran down your cheeks, piercing anguish gripped your lungs, it was getting harder, harder, harder to think, to breathe. Calm down. But it was too excruciating, the sting in your throat. I'm scared.

You heard the jingle again, like a serpent dressed as a lullaby. The jingles kept ringing in your ears like a persistent tune.

You stumbled again, then fell with a sickening slump. Muffled wheezes were the only indication of your survival. You opened your eyes, expecting to see the blooming, red Dendrobium.

However, all to be seen was violet eyes.

The comforting silk sheets and pillows tried to lull you back to sleep, but your eyes opened at the unfamiliar environment. The tatami flooring, the ornate orchids decorating wooden furniture, the pale purple futon you were in. Huh, you were also dressed in a kimono.

Everything was blatantly from Inazuma.

The door slid open. You rubbed your eyes then looked up.

"You're awake. That's good. Come on, get up. You need to eat." His voice was demanding and laced with bitterness, yet you could hear a tinge of relief. You trembled; this was just a dream. Right? Where were his tender grins and eyes? Confusion flowed through your veins. "Hey. You need to eat."

He came closer and gripped your wrist, "You should be happy I saved you, you know." He scoffed at your lack of reaction. Swirling thoughts kept tormenting you; chilling despair should be flowing through your veins, yet why did you feel dashes of bliss?

He was the man of your dreams. He was akin to the Inazuman princes you'd heard about in fairytales and myths. A fair, charming face, a sensuous voice, clever hands.

A smooth, porcelain plate of pomegranates was placed in front of you. "You must eat, my dear. You had a rough journey." There was that tone you fell in love with. He sat near you, trapping your mind in his spellbinding allure.

The creep of nimble hands up your body brought shudders. He untied your kimono slightly. You carefully broke the pomegranate, watching as scarlet juice stained the white plate. A single seed was brought to your mouth. His lips traced your neck.

"My dear, you were granted a cryo vision. They say the Goddess of Love gives her element to those who brave their plight. However, the truth is that she gives them to those who love with all their soul and being." You admired his face with infatuation.

The graze of fingers could be felt under your dress. "So let our love freeze time and be eternal." He tilted your head more.

You ate another pomegranate seed. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!! ヽ(♡‿♡)ノ