Yan Kaeya x Reader///Ashes, Ashes We All Fall Down

***Spoilers for Kaeya and Diluc's backstory

Summary: 

Inspired by the theory that Kaeya is the Prince of Khaenri'ah

Kaeya always adored you ever since you were children, but after the death of Diluc's father, everything changed. You stayed with Diluc as he mourned; however, in the meantime, you abandoned Kaeya, leaving him to go back to his Khaenri'ahn roots. So when Mondstadt falls to the Abyss Order, he will stop at nothing to finally make you his.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warnings: Suggestive Content, Yandere themes, Violence, Mentions of Death

Did the hourglass truly break?

Just how much time has passed?

Why didn't you notice how the grim reaper kept plucking each one of them. Decapitating their dreams.

How jubilant days of growing up on the spacious estate faded into the sea of dandelions. How the love of your life became shrouded in grief and darkness. How your dear friend kept gazing into the fractured looking-glass, gripping his black patch until his knuckles grew sore and weary.

Perhaps your vision was too myopic. Too naive. No longer were you merely just the daughter of a lady's maid and a valet for the masters of the Ragnvindr household. Summers with gentle sunrises and cotton candy clouds galore vanished.

It's all but a distant, idealistic dream.

The way you three scurried around the shimmering lake shores singing with your little hearts, twirling like windmill-asters. How your scattered wooden swords on the swaying grass and amidst the choir of soft snores were simple evidence of aspirations too arduous for children.

The wings of the anemo god sheltered you well, but even the winds of the northeast may start to blow in different directions.

After the death of Master Crepus, you stayed with Diluc, nurturing what tiny fragments remained of his blazing fervor. You took up an apprenticeship with Alice, training to become an astrologist, hoping that the stars could aid you in deciphering his enigmatic mind.

However, you neglected another while venturing in your zealous pursuit. As the bards on the cobblestones street hum, "Love is blindness."

Overall, the changes were subtle.

He replaced his fingerless gloves for ones that covered his fingers. Not many paid attention to this. Then, he began to avoid the cathedral, though he was never a pious one to begin with. Friends noticed his change in appetite. He didn't seem to dine or drink out as much. But all it took was a charming wave of a hand and his smooth voice to ease their concerned souls. 

You could vaguely recollect how Jean and Lisa noted how he prided himself on being a morning bird, but the night, now, was his steaming cup of tea. On his late patrols, all but a feeble lantern was with him. His body, face, and knightly outfit were hardly illuminated. The moon sisters couldn't even grasp his cloaked appearance.

Kaeya was a man of knowledge.

There was no bewilderment when he slid into your office at Dawn Winery and inquired about the date of the upcoming solar eclipse. It was a celestial phenomenon that hadn't occurred in five hundred years. Childish vexation grew in you as he poked and stared at your vast equipment, generously funded by a certain pyro vision user. Still, you scribbled down the date without thought and shooed him away, though not before handing him a vile of cough syrup, as his voice was guttural and strained.