Kenneth Lawson

'Hey Kenneth? Can you check on the Rosetta case? His wife keeps calling the office wanting to know if we have any leads on her husband.

Jessica says, she just became my boss and has been keeping me here late hours. I think she wants me I know, but she ain't Tai. I'm not gonna lie I look , she fine educated and number one bachelorette in Dallas. She's only my friend.

When I hurt my knee senior year it destroyed me. Tai always told me I was something special on the field, like I belonged there. I felt it too, that's why when my knee blew so did my confidence. I'm glad Tai forced me to do something else in college because ball was all I knew.

'I'll get right on it Jess.

She smiles thankfully.

'Thank you Kenneth. Oh and also we have a meeting at 930 so make sure you're ready with the notes of the Garcia murder.

I smile while pulling out the Rosetta file out of my briefcase.

'Yes ma'am.

She turns and leaves, I sat back in my chair and breathe. I know this isn't my passion but I had to make sure I keep this job. I was so out of it when I got hurt, but Tai stuck by me. She's the love of my life forever. That's why I gave her my baby, she's a great mother and wife. Baby worked two jobs for law school and a roof over our heads. We didn't have much , but she smiled any way. That's what I loved about her.

' Hey Sharon get Mrs.Rosetta on the phone please?

I say over the phone.

'Yes Mr Lawson will there be anything else?

'No Sharon that'll be it. Thank you .

My cell phone chimes in with a text from my homeboy from elementary ,Jason.

Unknown: Wassup my boy! I ran into your moms at Kroger with ya little one. Thought we could catch up one of these days. Hit me up. -Jason

Aw man!!! That's my guy from elementary. He moved to Cali after middle school haven't seen him since.

Me: Hey wassup! How about Saturday at XTC. I'm off then.

J: Bet.

'Mr.Lawson , Linda Rosetta is on line one.

' Thank you Sharon.

I press line one on my phone.

'Mrs. Rosetta ?

'Yes . Mr.Lawson

   ' Hi this is Kenneth , from Saturn Law & Company I understand you called our office?

     'Oh yeah you're that fine ass lawyer that was at my custody hearing.

Ken can hear her smile through the words she was saying.

    'Ma'am is there anything I can help you with ?

    ' Ah, yes is there anything I can do about helping my case. My daughter is everything to me and I hate to lose her because he has money. Can we just say he hit me or something?

     'Well perjury is very much against the law. Do you have any proof that you care for your child more than he does? We know he has the money but what about time ?

       'You know what give me a week I'll have it sent to your office. And um Kenneth ? I'd like to schedule a meeting, after hours.

I took the deepest breath... I hate my job these women just don't get it.

         'Sure let's say Friday ,730 my office.

        ' It's a date, I-I mean scheduled.