Introduction

Once upon a time, I had a neighbor put an app on her phone.  It made everyone look like an animated character, like we were all a part of Elsa's kingdom or something.  I thought I looked something like a peasant.  Kassy thought her mother looked like royalty.  "She looks just like a queen.  Somebody try to tell me she doesn't!"  And we all joked around, how Kassy looked like a reckless princess, how Arron looked like a reluctant prince that always got dragged into her adventures somehow, saying things like "We really shouldn't be doing this, Kassy," but doing it anyway just so he could please her.  And my own three children, they looked something more like the villains in a story.  Very attractive, but slightly evil looking.  Especially Tierri.  "She looks like a demented, evil fairy."  I admit though I didn't realize how adorable her little ears were until after that cartoon photo was taken.

Anyway, it all got me to thinking, "Hmmmm.  I wonder..." And so, "Our Dragon Tales" were born.  These stories and chapters were born from a bunch of kids that loved to play around, and we changed our reality into an alternate universe.  I don't want to reveal too much and spoil it for our readers, but we have talked about this among ourselves for awhile now.  Some of the scenes in this story will be inspired from real events, some were strictly formed from my head, but "I could totally see that happening" was the typical response.

Many of the people in this story are real.  Three of the children are my own.  The rest, we all found under a rock somewhere, and somehow they all liked us and kept hanging around.  Arron and Kassy are friends of ours that live down the street from us, though Arron lives slightly further on.  They were in my backyard when they decided that they wanted to go steady, and even asked my opinion about it.  "Sure, why not?  You are already friends, and if you do end up changing your mind, I think you are both mature enough that you'll remain friends afterward."  And so, they are.

In this story plot, Arron and Kassy are royalty, in a somewhat arranged marriage, and Kassy, being a typical young girl, is mad about it.  Let me point out as well, there will be absolutely NO KISSING in this story!  Given the fact that these people are real, and people that I know personally, it would just be too weird and kind of gross for me to write about them like that.  So this story plot will be based on the days when Arron secretly crushed on her and nobody else really knew about it yet, or paid it any mind.  It will be all about these kids of mine, (including the ones I gave birth to,) simply being friends.  Any romance as we know it will strictly be puppy love.

I admit that I did joke around with Kassy once, "You know, if we get any readers other than ourselves, there will always be a possibility that somebody could ship Arron and Rainy instead of you-"  "Get back!  Get back!"  Rainy meanwhile, was simply "Ew!"  Kassy said it with such venom too, so we all had a good laugh with that.

So basically, this story will be loosely based on our lives as we know it, but with a medieval ring to it, with lots of magical creatures and super powers.  I did think about making Arron's father as a villain.  Arron said "That's fine," not because his father really is a dark wizard trying to take over the world, let me assure you.  Nor is Kassy's biological father's side of the family a bunch of flesh eating zombies.  This story is being made up as we go along, so who knows how it will turn out?

The photo above, is one of my favorites.  It shows everyone's personalities so well.  We had a lot of fun talking about making ourselves into a story.  I look forward to making this story a reality, and I hope everyone that reads this has fun and is able to laugh with us as well.  Shall we begin?