Chapter 48

Today was Derek's first day as chief and to say he was nervous was an understatement.

"What tie should I wear?" Derek asked as he walked into the bathroom, with a blue and grey tie in his hands.

Meredith turned from her position on her chair, where she was giving Morgan a bath to face him.

"Blue, brings out your eyes." She said as she watched him nod at her before turning and heading back to their bedroom.

Whilst Meredith was preoccupied Morgan took the opportunity to start splashing, laughing as the water hit Meredith.

"Ah excuse me." Meredith exclaimed before she started tickling Morgan's stomach, listened as she giggled. "Come on then, time to get out now."

Meredith moved to pull the plug, watching as the water started to drain from the tub before grabbing Morgan's towel.

"Mama." Morgan whimpered slightly, shivering from the cold.

"I'm coming." Meredith wrapped her in the towel and lifted her up, rubbing the towel to warm her up. She then moved her up place her on her hip as best as she could with her forever growing belly.

Walking into their room, she placed Morgan on the bed and began dressing her, ready for the day.

"Der." Meredith called out and waited for his response.

"Yeah?" He asked as he walked into their room, straightening out his collar.

"We need to get the nursery ready, we've only got 2 months till this little guy makes an appearance and we have like nothing ready." She said as she pulled a top over Morgan's head before sitting her up to brush her hair.

"Mama, no." Morgan said as she moved her head and began to rub at her eyes.

"I know, you can have your nap shortly, just wait bug." Meredith said as she finished up Morgan's hair and turned to Derek.

"I will start looking for stuff at work and get it ordered, we will sort it. But don't be pushing yourself too hard alright?" He said before kissing her quick. "I've got to get going, I'll see you later."

He kissed again before moving towards Morgan.

"Daddy loves you bug, be good for mommy." He said as he kissed the top of her head and squeezing her tight in his arms as she cuddled into him.

"Give her to me otherwise you will never leave." Meredith said as she held out her arms and took their now sleeping daughter into her arms.

"I'm going, bye. I love you." He said quick before kissing her and heading out.

"Bye, I love you too." Meredith shouted after him as she waited for the front door to click shut.

Knowing she couldn't hold Morgan for as long anymore whilst she slept, she moved towards Morgan's room and placed her down in her crib. Smiling down, she brushed Morgan's hair out of her eyes before moving out of the room and shutting the down.

Even though one of their children were sleeping, their son was still kicking up a storm, delivering swift kicks to Meredith's ribs.

"Calm down in there little man." Meredith said as she rubbed at her stomach, frowning slightly.

She then headed for the spare room that would soon become a nursery as she pushed open the door and sighed at the boxes that were piled up with baby furniture that was waiting to be built.

"Right." Meredith rolled up her sleeves and moved to one of the boxes and went to open it when the doorbell went.

"Shit." She said as she moved as quick as she could with one hand on her bump as she other went to her back.