CHAPTER TWO

Tasha's POV

The warm water ran down my spine as I stood under the shower. Everything just started melting away. Our school was one of the best in Ghana. With only twelve students occupying a room in the dorms with a luxurious bathroom for two people each. As I turned off the shower, I removed my towel from the rack and started wiping myself. Slipping out of the bathroom, Silvia, a roommate, quickly came up to me and tucked a paper in my hand. My eyebrows knitted together, and Silvia saw the questioning look on my face. She smiled. "Just read," she said amidst laughter. Getting to my room, I placed the paper in my bag and dressed quickly to call my friends.

Stepping out of my room, the corridor I stepped into was deadly silent. It was almost five o'clock, so almost everyone was still asleep. I was turning the handle of the door to open it and I saw Feli make her way to the room from the bathroom.

"Hey, you are late. Is Sasha up?" I asked.

She stopped nodded and turned to me before continuing into the room. I just followed her in. We headed straight towards Sasha's bed. Trust me. This girl could sleep till noon, and she had one rule; don't bother her.

"Sasha, wake up. Tasha's here. She said we're late ". Felix said it wasn't obvious we were late and went straight to her bedside locker to get dressed. This was very much unlike her. Usually, she would fetch ice cubes from the fridge in the room and pour them on Sasha. Maybe she was moody.

"Sasha," I called into her left ear as she shifted and opened her eyes slightly. Her eyes widened when she saw the disgusted look on my face. "OH MY GOD!"She exclaimed.

"We are late. Just get up and shower. I will be waiting on my bed."

"Okay, just five minutes. "Sasha said and rushed out.

I looked up and saw Feli reading a storybook. Engrossed in a storybook, so I decided not to interrupt. I felt Sasha's phone vibrate, which meant a text message. I unlocked her phone and got a view of the messages. I opened it—two from Jay and one from Frankson. I tapped on Frankson's note and opened it. Call me curious. I was shocked. It read, "Sasha, please think twice before you reply to me. I don't want to loose you. You can't say it's over after four months of dating. Baby, please don't can't break up with me". I re-read the text about five times to be sure my eyes hadn't betrayed me. Four months! I was so dumbfounded. To be sure, the chat was a recent chat I re-read the day and time. The time read the "5:55 am" 'Today.' "I'm done!" Sasha exclaimed as she flagged the door open. I raised my head and just gave the phone to her. My own best friend couldn't tell me she was dating a guy who was a friend to a boy that broke one of our best friend's hearts. I guess I cared so much.

"Did you read the messages?" Sasha asked as she looked at me. I was shocked that was the only sentence and question she could form out of her mouth instead of apologizing.

Maybe.

"No, I just don't think I can hold up and read that," I said, pointing to her phone.

"What's going on with you two?" Felicia's voice came in.

I ignored her question and picked my bag from the floor, and waved my hand at Felicia.

"I can explain. Tasha doesn't leave". I heard Sasha plead as I got to the door."

"Know one thing for sure Sasha, you don't need to explain yourself," I said and turned the knob and left for class.

"Class, we have three new students yet to join us. As you already know, it's regrettable to see them resit their second year." Our literature teacher said. Sir Maxwell as he ushered Jason and his friends into our class.