Night Patroll

3rd Person P.O.V
One night, when the Trollhunters were getting the remaining trolls from Trollmarket settle in a storage facility, a Gumm-Gumm just so happened to see them and ran away to alert Gunmar.

(Name) stayed behind to look after the trolls and most importantly Timber while the others chased the Gumm-Gumm down. Using Mrs. Nuñez's campaign signs that were now all enchanted to keep the Gumm-Gumms away, the Trollhunters were able to catch up to the Gumm-Gumm and slay him.

"If only Arcadia knew your mom's campaign was actually keeping them safe." Jim said to a sick looking Claire as the group walks to the cliffside, Toby carrying the Gumm-Gumm's helmet.

"The signs are no real defense, Master Jim. Merely a Gumm-Gumm deterrent. Judging from tonight, I don't know how much longer your sleepy little town will be safe." Blinky told him. "That Gumm-Gumm, you think he was once one of you?" Claire asked the trolls.

"Hmm, Gunmar turn friends. Sad." Aaarrrgghhh!!! said. "We can't think that way, guys. He saw where we were hiding the trolls. He would've told Gunmar." Toby said, his voice being muffle a little by the Gumm-Gumm helmet.

"And since he's taken the Heartstone, he has only grown stronger, making his defeat even more difficult, if not impossible." Blinky said, then Toby throws the Henley down. "For weeks, Gunmar's been sending his minions to do his dirty works. why doesn't he come up himself? What's he waiting for?"

"Sadly, that is the question Arcadia's fate hangs upon. What is Gunmar plotting next?" Blinky asked, then suddenly Clare started coughing rather loudly. "Well, this stalemate is torture. I don't know how many more of these late nights study sessions I have in me." She said as Jim removes his armor.

Aaarrrgghhh!!! hums in thought as he puts the helmet on. "Hey! You look just like a Gumm-Gumm!" Toby said, impressed. "Yes." Aaarrrgghhh!!! replied, nodding. "No. Too risky. You can't spy on Gunmar." Jim said, sternly.

"We lost you once, old friend. We cannot lose you again." Blinky said to Aaarrrgghhh!!! "Gunmar strong! Do nothing, Gunmar grow stronger! My choice!" Aaarrrgghhh!!! argued, taking the helmet off.

"It would be a waste of a hulking brute." Claire said. "You get in, you get out. No unnecessary risks." Jim told Aaarrrgghhh!!! and Toby runs up to his troll buddy to hug him. "Mm. Wingman." Aaarrrgghhh!!! said, placing his giant hand on Toby's back to reciprocate the hug.

A bell then trolls in the distance. "There's our cue. We shall head back to our refuge. Will you be joining?" Blinky asked them. "Go on. I wanna enjoy the sunrise while we still have 'em." Jim replied and the trolls retreated to the shadows while the kids watched the sunrise together.

Aaarrrgghhh!!! snuck into Trollmarker disguised as a Gumm-Gumm while Blinky return to the storage unit. He runs all four of his hands down he face, exhausted.

"Lastly, she pictured to herself how this same little sister of hers would, in the after-time, be herself a grown woman; and how she would keep, through all her riper years, the simple and loving heart of her childhood..."

Blinky's ear lifts up at the sound of (Name's) voice and he followed it, finding (Name) was in the makeshift home Blinky had made for himself in the building.

(Name) was sitting on the floor reading to Timber, who's head was resting in (Name's) lap as she sleeps. Blinky smiles at the heartwarming sight, feeling butterflies in his stomach as the humans would say.

"...And how she would gather about her other little children, and make their eyes bright and eager with many a strange tale, perhaps even with the dream of Wonderland of long ago: and how she would feel with all their simple sorrows, and find a pleasure in all their simple joys, remembering her own child-life, and the happy summer days."