Chapter 49

The holiday break started a week ago and Draco and I have been stuck at the manor alone with Narcissa. We have no idea where Lucius has gone to this time but we're just happy to be rid of him. We have a meeting with the Dark Lord today which I hear the Carrows and Severus are being called back for, which is good for the students still stuck at Hogwarts.

"Are you two ready for Christmas tomorrow?" Narcissa asked us as we sat in the kitchen.

"As long as we make it out of the meeting later alive." Draco scoffed, making me hit his arm.

"We'll be fine Draco." I told him.

"She's right Draco, you don't need to be such a downer." She told her son, making me laugh a little, gaining me a glare from Draco.

"Why do you always take her side now?" Draco sulked.

"Since she's more right than you, plus we want her to enjoy staying here don't we?" She told him.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes.

"You guys might want to eat some lunch before you have to go to the meeting." Narcissa explained opening the fridge to get stuff out to make us food.

It didn't take long for her to make us lunch and eat, meaning the time for the meeting came faster than we were expecting.

Draco and I sat next to each other at the long dining table as everyone finished filling into the room. Severus took the seat next to me and Narcissa took the seat next to Draco and Bellatrix next to her. There still was no sign of Lucius but I wasn't complaining.

"Good evening everyone." Voldemort's voice cut through the silence of the room as he apparated at the head of the table.

I finally noticed the Carrows sitting a few seats across from us as they carefully eyed me.

"Now we still have no word on the Potter boy since August and we need to figure out where else we can look for him." Voldemort announced. "Does anyone have any ideas?"

"What about his birthplace? Godric's Hollow." Severus spoke up, surprising me.

"That's the best idea I have heard in a long time. Thank you Severus."

"Of course my lord." Severus answered.

"Now the girl." Voldemort turned to Draco and I. "Do you have it figured out yet?"

"We've narrowed the list down my lord, but we don't fully know who yet." I explained.

"My lord?" Alecto called out.

"Yes Carrow?" He asked her, now making me nervous remembering what happened a few months ago at school.

"I have reason to believe that little Snape is lying." She announced.

"And why would you say that?" He asked her but was eyeing me.

Draco grabbed my hand underneath the table as I looked at Severus but he was remaining calm.

"We've been keeping an eye on her and the Malfoy boy for months and their behavior is rather suspicious." She explained.

"How so?"

"They haven't been coming to our classes, Haley had gotten into a fight with another Slytherin girl, Ms. Astoria Greengrass, and I have seen her associating herself with students from other houses." Alecto gave an evil look my way.

"Interesting." Voldemort took in this information before turning back to our side of the table. "Severus, do you have anything to say about your daughter's behavior?"