Prologue

All rights reserved. This book,"7" including all chapters, epilogues and associated content is copyrighted. All rights reserved by the owner and the creator of this work and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this work is punishable by law.

Prologue

My whole body was shaking as I stared at Leo and some random girl naked. My eyes became wide as I stared at them. My lips were trembling as I bit It. I closed my eyes. I closed it hard and maybe it would all go away once I opened it. But then when I opened it ,they're still there in bed. Together.

I think my heart stopped. Maybe it did. I couldn't breathe. I tried to open my mouth and speak but my throat felt dry.No words could ever describe what I felt. I bit my lip, still staring at them. They stared back at me. Their eyes filled with sympathy and regret. I would have forgiven him if this was the first time this kind of thing happened to me.

But it wasn't the first, nor the second. This is the seventh time this kind of thing happened to me. Why does it always happen to me? I'm always the one cheated on, rejected and played with. Why?

"Lacey, wait," Leo said, grabbing my arm and pulling me to him. Our eyes locked. I almost got sucked by his beauty, his love and everything we once were. But no. Not again.

"I can't believe you were just like everyone else," I said, shrugging his arm off and stomping my way out of his apartment.

After a few minutes of walking, I finally reached the sidewalk. Realizing I didn't bring my car, I started walking home. I hugged myself, since the air was so cold.

The sidewalk was so dark; very few street lights were on. No one was around. I'm alone again. I always end up alone. I feel hurt, betrayed and angry. I wanted to punch Leo so badly but I just couldn't do it. The wound was too fresh. Tears started to fall from my eyes. Why do they always hurt me? Why am I being treated like this?

I ran. I ran away from all the hurt, heartbreak and lies. I was catching my breath as I reached the front door of my house. I slowly walked towards the porch and to my door. I sighed, unlocking the door and entering my house.

I didn't even bother to turn the lights on; I just walked towards the stairs. I tried to grasp the handle so that I could go up. But my hand slipped and I fell down. I cried and put my hands to my face. I felt so angry at myself for letting my poor shattered heart get hurt again.

It was my fault. I was stupid. I slowly tried to grasp the handle again. My hand slid but I was able to pull myself up. When I reached my room, I turned the night light on and laid down my bed. I hugged my pillow, and cried my eyes out again.

"Leo," I whispered.

"Why did you do this to me?" I asked as I buried my face in the wet spot of my pillow.

I think of Leo, Seth, Dylan, Trevor, Dace and Ash. And Xander. All of them cheated, and manipulated me. Liars. Cheaters. Players. I slowly lifted myself from my bed and ran my fingers through my hair.

I look around and see photos of me and Leo. I finally brought myself to stand up and pick each and every picture we had. After taking them all, I took one last look.

"Bye Leo," I said, throwing the pictures to the trash bin.

As I turned around, I saw myself in the mirror. But then I started to realize something, I've gone through this before. Why do I have to cry again? They all played and cheated on me.

I quickly wiped my tears away and walked to the bathroom. I turned the lights on and once again stared at myself at the mirror. My eyes looked tired and dull and lips seemed and dry. My hair looked like a bird's nest. Guess now I know why they left me. I tied my hair in a ponytail and stared at my face once again.

This time, no one will be able to play, cheat, reject me again. I'm not gonna be stupid this time. I was determined to get back at all of them. Each and every one of them will feel the pain that I felt. I turned the lights off and went to my study desk. I pulled out a piece of paper and scribbled:

7. Leo Jamieson

6. Seth Warren

5. Dylan Cooper

4. Trevor Anderson

3. Dace Miller

2. Ash Lyons

and last but not the least, the guy who hurt me the most:

1. Xander Smith

These boys better be prepared, 'cause when I get back at each and every one of them, they won't know what hit them. I stared at my list once again.

Leo Jamieson, be ready, 'cause hell is coming your way.

© KissAndTellMySecret