Prologue

Hate on me if you want;) I'm sticking with this fandom
(Just tell me if there's grammar error, I'll fix that ʘ‿ʘ )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Birds chirped all the way along the boardwalk. It wasn't unusual to see birds and seagulls together as they were close to their environment. People of Beach City walked around the plaza with smiles on their faces, making you feel a bit jealous that they got to feel those kinds of emotions so easily. With a sigh, you continued your way to the closest food place to eat SOMETHING. It's been 2 days since you've last eaten anything before coming to this city.

As you were in range of a pizzeria, someone bumped into you with such harsh force that it made both of you crash to the floor. You let out a pained groan when your head hit the wooden walkway, the person only cried harder than they previously were. Fuming at the pain, you propped yourself up with your elbows and was about to tell the person off for the injury, but once you laid your eyes on them, they immediately caught your attention. Not by the fact they were crying, but that they were literally RED. You hesitantly sat up to get a better look at them with a confused face. They're skin was red, hair was a type of maroon red, and clothes were blood red. They must really like red…

"Hey, uh.. Are you okay?" You asked awkwardly, cringing at the weird person on top of you. They let out a small sniff with another sob before looking up at you with tears streaming down their cheeks. It was a sad sight to see, a child crying like they had just lost their parents. The Red person glanced down at the floor before rubbing their cheeks to get rid of their tears. "I-I'm sorry.."

It had only dawned on you that they sounded like a grown-ass woman that still sounded like a kid. It made you feel a bit weird how they were so small and red, it wasn't normal to see someone like that, besides a midget. "It's… okay? Um, I'm (Y/n)." You introduced yourself as you picked up the woman to make her stand up while you still stayed seated on the wooden floor. She rubbed her eyes with a small grunt of pain, clenching her other hand into a fist. "...Ruby.." She muttered out embarrassingly, looking away to avoid any eye contact with you. A hum left your lips as you finally stood up from the floor, dusting off the dirt on your butt. Your eyes never left her figure as it sorta interested you as to why she was that way, but also why she was so upset.

"What's wrong? You're crying while everyone else is having a good time." You mentioned with a gesture to the families having the time of their absolute freaking lives. The woman let out a small sigh and rubbed her arm as she continued to hide her face. "It's just… my partner thinks our whole relationship was a lie and got forced into it by someone else.." She explained wearily, her cheeks began to swell up and turn a deeper color of red than her skin. Black smoke flew up from her feet that came from the wood floor, making you slightly flinch at the attempted fire. "Holy crap, you're smoking.." You whispered under your breath, but shook your head after and kneeled down with a hand in her shoulder. She took a second before looking up at you with teary eyes, they looked all red from the crying, it made you a bit sad to see someone so down when it's supposed to be a happy town.

"Listen, I think you need someone to vent with. I know a place where we could talk. I'll order some pizza, sounds good?" You offered with a small smile, hoping you could help this woman with her slight problem. It would make you feel better that you cheered somebody to a city you had barely moved into. Ruby glanced down at her feet before nodding in agreement, showing a slight grin on her face. She felt a kind of aura from you that told her to trust you, even though she, herself, had never seen you in this small town. But it never hurts to try.

"Great! I'm sure you'll feel better once we're done with all this stress." You chirped happily and stood back up with your hand out towards the red lady. She laid her small berry red hand into your (S/c) one, noticing right away how soft and smooth they were. You carefully clenched it into a small fist and dragged her to the opposite way you were walking to, specifically going near the shore. On the way, you had stopped by a small comic store for some books to read in case you and Ruby will get bored of just sitting on a cliff.