one

2011 / shea.

I traced my fingers on the cool green velvet of the table, allowing my body to relax before I lined up the shot. Slowly, I focused my eyes on the closest ball, gripping the stick lightly. Silently praying, I gracefully shoved my hand forward. I listened to the satisfying click of the balls colliding, watching as two striped balls fell into one of the table sockets. Clapping erupted from a few people behind me and I gave a small courtsey and blush. Suddenly, I felt his hands reach around my waist. His fingers drew slowly across my stomach and I felt his hot breath hover over my ear. Immedietly recognizing his touch, I craned my neck so that I could face him. 

"That's my girl."

I beemed at him, spinning around quickly and then swallowing him in an embrace. My arms folded around his neck and his hair tickled my hands. In one swift motion, my feet were ripped from the ground and there I was suspended, wrapped in his arms. Warmth radiated between our two bodies. 

"Marco, Shea! We are closing in 15!" 

The voice came from Marco's aunt, Natala. Startled, we slowy turned to face the woman. She was smiling widely at our appearance. Marco rolled his eyes and my cheeks turned pink.

"Zia va bene! Sto arrivando!"

The words rolled of Marco's tongue with his natural accent. I tried to make sense of the sentence remembering the few lessons Marco attempted to teach me in Italian. The words were jumbled but I could understand him saying, "Alright aunt, I'm coming." 

It made sense because his arms slowly withdrew from my waist. I frowned at the sudden loss of his touch but watched as he walked over to the kitchen, turning only to give me a toothy grin and wink. He spoke over his shoulder,

"Wait here, I will be back. I promise."

I sighed, and jumped up onto the table, allowing mysel to sit down. I listened to the rhythmic hum of the music coming from the kitchen of the resturaunt and closed my eyes, encasing this moment in a memory. One I would forever hold onto. I thought about what we would do after he returned. Maybe we would roam the dark city streets of Chicago, or go see a late night movie. I didn't really care. All I wanted was to be with him. Whenever I looked into his eyes, I drowned in a pool of chestnut brown. His voice was husky, and sexy. He was built strong, his hair and skin dark. Beautiful.

My thoughts were interrupted by him clearing his voice. My eyes tore open, and there he was, standing before me holding a single rose, painted the color of a ruby. All around me candles were lit, illuminating us in a rather romantic way. The music from the kitchen was louder, yet softer at the same time. His lips curled upward at my amazment. 

"Do you like it?"

Butterflies flitted in my stomach, as I lowered myself off of the table. I spun taking in the beauty from every direction. It was just perfect.

"This is everything I could ever ask for, " 

I choked out, speechless. He grabbed my hands and pulled me into a slowdance. Our foreheads rested upon eachother and his arms rubbed up and down my back. I was somewhere else. A different planet maybe, a different life. It felt like heaven on earth. His lips crept to my forehead and he left a trail of kisses down my face until finally meeting me at my mouth. Our lips molded together perfectly and the kiss was gentle and sweet. Marco's lips detached from mine, leaving me craving more. 

He spoke quietly,

"You are everything I could ever ask for."