skate adventure

(listen to that song though, it is the one Mo is listening to in the beginning)

Maurice was lying on bed with a couple of textbooks and notebooks around him. His favorite Green Day album was playing in the background. Maurice had only just gotten it a week ago – had exchanged one of his favorite toys to get it. For the next few days it was the only cd he would listen to on repeat to the point that even Robin was bumping his head along with the music. At the moment Maurice was finishing with math homework while Robin was working on his literature assignment. He felt lucky his twin possessed some outstanding writing skills. Rob could copy Maurice’s handwriting and had in mind not to get carried away and make the essay suspiciously good. So far they had gotten caught only once, but managed to get away with it.

“Finished!” Mo cheered and rushed to close all of his books. “Robin, how’s the essay going? It’s nearly seven o’ clock, hurry!”

“I am, I am!” his brother whined from the other side of the room and continued writing.

Mo sighed in anticipation. Almost every evening the brothers Gibb go to the local skatepark just 15 minutes away from their house. And today was no exception. The californian clear blue sky was so inviting. Maurice put on his colorful oversized shirt and his favorite pair of light blue jeans while waiting for Robin to get done with the assignment. He picked up his guitar and attempted to play along with the song that was currently playing. (↑ the song i previously mentioned)

“Done!” Robin exclaimed a few minutes later.

Maurice lifted his head and smiled. “Did your magic again, huh?” he teased.

Robin laughed while trying to find his roller blades in the messy room they shared.

“Don’t forget you owe me ice cream for every assignment I do for you!” he reminded playfully.

“Oh, come on, I’ve spent all of my pocket money to get you candies!”

“But I’m the reason why you haven’t failed literature and english yet.”

“Alright, fine! Let’s get Barry and go.”

Opening the door of Barry’s room had always been quite impossible because of all the things Barry usually throws on the floor; dirty clothes, school bags, guitar cases.. Robin stepped forwards and struggled with the doorknob. When the door finally slightly opened, Robin squeezed himself to get through. He found Barry reading some brand new manga with his feet on the biology notes he was supposed to be studying.

“Will you lend me that once you finish it?” Robin pleaded pointing at the comic.

“No.” Barry replied while turning the page. “I think you remember very well the reason why I don’t let you lay a finger on my collection.”

Robin sighed and decided not to say another word about it. “Anyway, we’re going to the park. You comin?”

“Now that’s what I want to hear!” he said and his whole face lit up. “I’ll be downstairs in a minute, don’t go without me!”

It eventually took longer than eight minutes for Barry to style his hair and get ready. The twins were impatiently waiting for him in the front door.

“Don’t be late, boys! And be careful!” Barbara reminded from the living room.

“We will mum!” Barry groaned, gave her a quick kiss on the chic and rushed outside.

Later in the evening
.
.
.

The skatepark got more lively than ever once the sun begun to set. Barry had successfully performed some risky tricks on his bike and was getting the attention of more advanced bikers who ended up chatting with him. Maurice spotted Michael in the crowd, Barry’s childhood friend, whose siblings were blasting loud music. There were people were dancing on rollerskates and many of Maurice’s classmates cheering for him. A girl from the 10th grade nailed some really cool tricks on the biggest ramp of the park. Her face sounded quite familiar, she must have been that Linda for whom Barry couldn’t stop talking about during lunch. Robin had been quietly skating around his brothers and bumped into his friends a few times.