Chapter 3

I can't sleep.
It's been almost two hours since I left Loki's room and I still haven't fallen asleep.
A few minutes after I left I heard him go out but he was only gone for a about half an hour, I don't know where he went but he said it was none of my business so Im not going to ask.

Because I couldn't sleep, I decided to explore a little. I remember going past a library earlier so I thought I would try find it again. Everywhere was dark and there was very little light, the only light came from a few candles around the place.
I had been wandering around for a little until I reached a room that I thought might be it, I went in and it was amazing.
All the walls where covered in books, it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. This room definitely tops my bedroom.

As the minutes went past and I was still looking at all the books, until I reached the history section. I was going to skip past this section because it's my least favourite but one book in particular caught my eye. I picked it up and went to the context library, it was a whole book dedicated to the infinity stones and their history.

I decided to take the book back to my room, I might as-well try to find out more about this power inside me.
Once i got back to my room, i went to sit on the balcony wall. Straight away I went to the space stone section to see what it said.
As I was skimming through the pages I found out that the earliest the tesseract was recorded in this book was in 1942 where a man named Johann Schmidt, the leader of an organisation called Hydra, retrieved it to use it as a weapon. The tesseract then somehow ended up with captain America but it was sunk to the bottom of the ocean alongside the Captain. For years people believed it to still be at the bottom of the ocean however a man by the name of Howard stark got it.
I recognise this name, he used to be a billionaire until he died and all his wealth was left to Tony Stark.

In 2012 it was stolen by no other then the god of mischief himself. He then used it to open a wormhole allowing aliens to invade New York. God I remember that. But obviously he failed and the tesseract was then in the possession of Thor and Odin, Loki was then locked in a prison cell on Asgard. I wonder how he got out, I'll ask him later.

According to this book the tesseract was kept on Asgard? So how did it end up in that abandoned building on Earth?

The book then went on about the powers that the space stone possesses. It allows you to create portals through space and travel through them, it has previously been used to crush and pull objects and it can manipulate gravity. It was all cool until I saw the last bit

If used alongside the other infinity stones, the space stone can wipe out whole planets.

I was completely shocked. This power I have inside me right now can be used to kill millions...
What if I loose control one day and hurt someone?What if I hurt more then just one person, what if I wipe out a whole planet?
I can't do this.

I have to get out of here, I can't have this power inside me I don't want to hurt anyone.
I need to leave this place.
But what if I get caught? Loki said there will be punishments for breaking any of his rules.
I have to risk it, i can't stay here.

I walked over to the door between mine and Loki's room and gently opened it to check he was asleep. The whole room was dark and I couldn't see very clearly but I think he is asleep.

I crept back out of his room and slowly closed the door making sure not to make any sounds. I need a plan if I'm going to do this. I'll creep out of my room making sure not to wake Loki and then go through the palace trying not to bump into anyone.
Then I'll go down the rainbow bridge and then home here I come.

I put my hand on the door handle and slowly turned it making sure to make no sound at all.
Once I opened to door slightly I slid out only to crash into something hard.