The Idler Boy and the Congales

Once Upon a time, there was an Idler Boy who lived with his mother. Their house was on the edge of a huge forest. The Idler Boy loved the trees and climbed them consistently. He collected flowers most often found on the tops of trees and tree barks from the forest for the flower shop that he and his mother ran. 13 women lived deep in the forest, where the trees were highest. These 13 women held the monsters of the forest and protected the forest and the villagers. The villagers believed that wealth and abundance came with the branches planted by these 13 women, and that the rains fell. A very important job of the Idler Boy was to carry the food and drinks that the villagers gave to the women of this forest in time. The Idler Boy was the only one who was not afraid to do this job, while almost everyone was afraid of the 13 women of the forest.

One day, it was the day of Congales, the scariest of the 13 women of the forest. Congales was the most impatient of these women. She always had fuzzy and fluffy hair. Sometimes she sat in her rocking chair by the fireplace in her scrawly and crooked house and combed her hair. Within the coldest stormy days of the year, the darkest one was called Congales' day. On that day, everyone retreated to their homes because the most dangerous monsters of the forest and those lands could come out of the shadows. On Congales day, a dish called Malay which was made of milk dew and corn flour was to be delivered to Black Congales, that is, Congales. Congales had to gather her strength since she dealt with monsters all day and night. Each of the villagers carefully cooked Malays and put them in nice baskets. They gave the food to the Idler Boy so that he would make the delivery. But the Idler Boy saw rare blooming flowers in the forest on that stormy day and collected them. He climbed the trees, put the baskets aside. Also knocked over some. He caused most of the Malays to be cooled down. He got late and late as he kept idling around. When the complete darkness fell, strange beings began to appear in the forest, and the Idler Boy got afraid and wanted to return home. But he thought Congales would be very angry if he didn't deliver her the Malays in the basket. The women of the forest knew how the Idler Boy was always late and how impish he was. Congales was grumpy and dangerous, even the most dangerous. The Idler Boy was scared. He bewailed himself about being so late. He went all the way to the door of Congales' strange house and knocked.

The door to Congales' strange house was creaked open. But she was not in there. The boy walked in. He left the cold Malays on the table. At that moment, he got afraid that he was late and felt remorseful. He thought about how angry Congales could be, and he felt thoroughly bad. When he went out, he saw it was pretty dark. He heard the sounds of strange creatures, and the cold of the storm gave him the creeps. Now he was afraid of going back home. Because the Idler Boy had never spent a night in the woods before. He hid himself in Congales' house that night. He was so afraid that Congales would come and get crossed with him or beat him with her pearl-inlaid comb. Congales was known for such grumpiness. So he hid well. He didn't make a sound and slept where he was hiding. It was quite a stormy night.

In the middle of the night, the door was opened with a blare and Congales entered the house with a strong wind. She was covered in dirt like something the cat brought in, and she had a very grumpy look on her face. She went in and threw her muddy coat aside, filled the fireplace with woods, and began to swing in her chair and caress her cat, which had fluffy fur like her own hair. She saw the Malay plates that were cold, overturned, stained. She had had such a bad day that she couldn't defeat most of the monsters, and she was more tired than ever. Monster-defeating was getting harder and harder. She took a few spoons from the Malay while she was complaining. Although she was very hungry, she didn't like this Malay at all, and she spat it into the fire. She fell asleep swinging in her chair. The groggy Idler Boy watched Congales, and when he saw that she was asleep, his eyelids also succumbed to sleep again. But just before daylight in the morning, Congales woke up vigorously and started mumbling strange words in her chair, swinging rhythmically. On the one hand, she was taking the ropes from her basket and weaving them.