Stuttgart: Tactics and Strategy

Stuttgart, like Kuromuromine, is rather steeped in it's traditional tactics and doctrines. As one of the founding European Panzerkraft members, Stuttgart was a natural choice for pairing with the Japanese Juggernaut. However, the strategies and tactics are quite different from KMM. Since Panzerkraft served multiple purposes, including settling disputes between NATO and Warsaw Pact countries, Stuttgart ended up representing Federal Republic of Germany, and used exclusively US equipment, mainly due to the availability of spare parts.

A chief core of Stuttgart is it's mobility and scouting assets, such as M24 Chaffees and M18 Hellcats. Information is Key, as Alex Steiner states repeatedly in his lectures on both Stuttgart and overall military tactics.

The individual tactics depend on both the Division and Platoon Commanders, depending on the circumstances. However, the overall strategy depends on the layout of the terrain. The open plains, deserts, or tundras are well suited for an open cavalry charge. Cover is precious, and speed and surprise is key in these situations.

In rough terrain, such as heavy forests, hills, and ravines, ambush and guerrilla tactics are preferable. In such operations, the M26s and M4s take the point, using their better armor and relatively powerful guns to keep enemies pinned for the lighter scout forces to envelop.