38

"Sofia." Roman said placing me on the counter.

"Wait." I said holding back my tears.

"Why were you crying? At the park."

"That's what I was going to tell you" He said placing his head on my shoulder his voice cracking.

"Roman don't cry." I sniffled rubbing the back of his head.

"Akio."

"What?" I said looking at his hands full of blood.

"I didn't notice that." I whispered to myself making circles in his palm.

"Sofia He's dead. He's fucking dead." He said screaming the last part throwing a cup.

"What." I said whispering.

"Where is he?" I said jumping off the counter.

"He's in the hospital. I don't think he'll make it."

"Oh my shits." I whispered grabbing his keys.

"Where are you going?" he said picking me up stopping me in my tracks.

"Where's Akios phone. I need his phone." I screamed frantically. If I'm thinking straight which I hope I'm not Akio saved me.

"I think the police station. Why does that matter Sof." He said grabbing my wrist pulling me towards him.

"I'll explain. Let's go."

"Yeah yeah okay." He hurried wiping his tears.

I quickly ran outside, him following me as I get into his car. He quickly sat in the drivers seat as I threw the keys at him. He drove to the police station in under 10 minutes making me relieved.

The whole way he held my hand smacking the wheel everytime the lights turned red.

"Here." He said helping me out rushing into the station. The lights were dimmed and there were a few people in there with either tears rolling down their face or anger.

"Hi hi I need Akios phone." I said slamming my hands down on the desk sounding rushed.

"This Akio?" She said showing me her screen

"Uh-Hm"

"Im afraid I cant give you the phone. It's evidence."

"I need it."

"No can do." She sang it in a tune which really pissed me off.

"Hey she said she needs it so I'll appreciate if you can fucking give it to her" He spoke raising his voice at her. I don't think that's gonna help but thanks darling.

"I can see. But I literally can not."

"Watch me use it. I need to see if it was really him."

"What are you talking about." Roman said turning me around. This time he sounded more desperate for an answer.

"I'll explain I just need the phone."

"Please?" I said a tear rolling down my cheek.

"1 minute. Your not aloud to move. If I get caught I'll be fired." The lady said taking us to a dark room and locking the door.

The room had rows of storage shelf's as we followed her to the third row. She said most of his family were in that row because of their last name.

It had a dark blue colour with a bit of red in one corner. It looked like they used it for those Polaroid pictures.

"Thank you." I said watching her check the drawers for his file. She found it and got out his phone.

"I know the password love." Roman said gently taking the phone out of my hands. He typed in the password and gave it back to me.